- Sydney, New South Wales, Australien
- Festanstellung, Vollzeit
- Commonwealth Bank of Australia
- 16 Aug 17
Associate Director, Industrials & Logistics, Institutional Banking & Markets
Associate Director, Industrials & Logistics, Institutional Banking & MarketsJob no: 992229
Work type: Permanent full time
Location: Sydney CBD Area
Categories: Institutional Banking
Associate Director, Industrials and Logistics, Institutional Banking & Markets
At CommBank, we never lose sight of the role we play in other people's financial wellbeing. Our focus is to help people and businesses move forward, to progress. To make the right financial decisions and achieve their dreams, targets and aspirations.
Each of us globally is dedicated to offering outstanding service, excellent advice and intuitive solutions to help our customers manage their finances in the ways they want to. Regardless of where you work within our organisation, your initiative, talent, ideas and energy all contribute to the impact that we can make with our work. Together we can achieve great things.
Institutional Banking and Markets (IB&M) is responsible for managing the Group's relationships with major corporate and government clients and institutional investors, and provides a full range of capital raising, transactional and risk management products and services. The division also performs an important internal role for the Group by providing equities, markets, lending and transaction banking execution capabilities to other CBA business units that allows them to capture opportunities with business customers.
Our purpose is to enhance our clients' success through market-leading capabilities and unique insights. It's part of our DNA.
Client Coverage Group (CCG), leads relationship management and client needs. The team's purpose is to provide IB&M clients with products and services across the capital raising, transaction banking and risk management spectrum to support their strategic objectives.
CCG operates in seven industry segments: Financial Institutions Group (FIG), Health, Education and Government (HEG); Real Estate; Industrials and Logistics; Infrastructure; Telecommunications, Media, Entertainment, Technology and Retail (TMETR) and Natural Resources and are supported by Client Advisory Services and a Chief Operating Office.
Your impact & contribution:
This is a high impact role that will deliver a sharp industry focus and overall relationship and transaction management for our existing and target clients within the Industrial & Logistics sector.
- Be a thought leader for the sector and provide unique insights into market and industry conditions (e.g. trends and themes) impacting CBA and its clients.
- Conversion of client knowledge and industry insights into client planning, solutions for clients and also the identification and proactive targeting of event driven opportunities.
- Developing a strong understanding of all IB&M products and client businesses and industries.
- Utilise your corporate finance knowledge, research, analytical and modelling capabilities to design client pitches and presentations, to deliver industry insights, provide solutions to clients and make decisions about client requests.
- Provide execution support to Industry team:
- Establish and coordinate deal teams with Product and Risk to manage the successful completion of client pitches, transactions and credit approvals.
- Building a view on the client's relative operating and financial strengths and core issues to support credit and transaction process
- Coordinate and drive lending documentation process; liaise with Legal, Product Groups and Risk for execution support & final sign-offs.
- Maintain data systems and ensure data accuracy across systems.
- Provide client reactive support (i.e. inbound requests for tenders/services from a client)
Your experience and qualifications:
- Strong Banking experience with a track record of originating, leading and executing transactions
- Highly developed research, analytical, corporate finance, financial modelling skills and accounting knowledge.
- Experience in preparing client pitches and presentations.
- Experience in understanding the operational drivers of a business and how they relate to the financial drivers of that business.
- The ability to quickly grasp complex structured transactions and analyse the benefits of the idea for specific client circumstances.
- Sound understanding of the industry sector and the key drivers affecting the industry
- Possess a good understanding of the financial operations of Institutional/Corporate clients and account operations.
- Strong presentation skills (oral and written).
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and ability to build a strong rapport with clients and work colleagues.
- Experience in client facing roles.
- Credit experience.
- A strong Corporate Finance skill set
- Understanding of IB&M's Products.
- Infrastructure experience / exposure will be highly thought of.
- Project management skills.
At CommBank, we're committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce reflecting the customers, businesses and communities we serve. As a value's driven organisation, we nurture and support our people; through focussing on skill and talent development, collaboration, flexibility and internal promotion. With service in mind at every touch point, we take accountability for the role we play in securing and enhancing the financial wellbeing of people, businesses and communities. At CommBank you can be you.
Please apply online to be considered for this role. Have a question about your application, our process or what happens next? Click here for some of the most commonly asked questions about applying for a role at CommBank.
We value you and won't leave you hanging. Our advertising closes 18 August 2017l but expect to hear from us within a week of the closing date. Best of luck!
Advertised: 04 Aug 2017 AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: 18 Aug 2017 AUS Eastern Standard Time
It's our people's talent, initiative, ideas and energy that help us achieve great things, together.