- Sydney, New South Wales, Australien
- Festanstellung, Vollzeit
- Commonwealth Bank of Australia
- 16 Aug 17
Director, Corporate Finance
Director, Corporate FinanceJob no: 987931
Work type: Permanent full time
Location: Sydney CBD Area
Categories: Corporate Banking, Institutional Banking, Relationship Management / Business Development
Can you help us lead businesses to tomorrow?
Corporate Financial Services (CFS) is part of the Business & Private Banking (B&PB) business unit of the Commonwealth Bank. The CFS team serves over 10,000 business clients in the medium and large business segment, typically with complex financial needs and turnover >$10m. The division is well placed to provide medium and large companies with access to a wide range of financial services by having 750 professionals in approx. 35 locations across Australia.
The Corporate Finance team provides specialise support to our CFS relationship teams to identify and originate transaction opportunities with existing clients, as well as new to bank opportunities.
The team is integral to growing our business at the larger and more complex end of the market, and provides a range of services including:
- Debt finance to support M&A or other material corporate activity;
- leveraged financing;
- strategic option analysis, including financing and support for business succession; and
- identification and introduction of equity capital markets (ECM) or M&A opportunities through our alliance partner.
The focus of your role is to originate and execute high-value transactions within the mid-market corporate space. You will work closely with CFS relationship teams across the country to identify transaction opportunities with existing clients, as well as within the wider market.
More specifically, you will:
- develop and foster strong internal and external relationships;
- drive excellence in transaction origination and execution;
- develop and present client-focused presentations including market pitches;
- be responsible for credit process management; transaction structures; and facility documentation;
- build existing and potential client relationships, as well as a strong referral network;
- take an active role across the relationship team network; and
- continue to contribute to the high performance culture in the team.
To help us deliver success for the business and for our clients, you will have:
- experience in client leadership roles with a major commercial or investment bank;
- strong track record of success in leveraged finance, project finance or corporate advisory;
- sales leadership capability and the ability to originate transaction opportunities with both new and existing clients;
- proven success of building and leveraging effective internal and external relationships;
- strong understanding of credit risk and execution experience with leveraged and structured finance transactions;
- effective risk and compliance/conflict management behaviours;
- a tertiary qualification in finance, business or a related field; and
- a post graduate qualification would be highly regarded.
At CommBank, we're committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce reflecting the customers, businesses and communities we serve. As a value's driven organisation, we nurture and support our people; through focusing on skill and talent development, collaboration, flexibility and internal promotion. With service in mind at every touch point, we take accountability for the role we play in securing and enhancing the financial wellbeing of people, businesses and communities. At CommBank you can be you.
We value you and won't leave you hanging. Our advertising closes 27 August, so expect to hear from us within a week of the closing date. Best of luck!
Have a question about your application, our process or what happens next? Click here for some of the most commonly asked questions about applying for a role at CommBank.
Advertised: 14 Aug 2017 AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: 27 Aug 2017 AUS Eastern Standard Time
It's our people's talent, initiative, ideas and energy that help us achieve great things, together.