Head of Group Business Continuity Management
- Manama, Capital Governorate, Bahrain
- Festanstellung, Vollzeit
- 14 Aug 17
The Head of Group Business Continuity Management is responsible for the development and management of the Group framework for business continuity management (BCM) and disaster recovery (DR) arrangements in accordance with best practices, industry standards and regulatory requirements. In addition, the job holder is responsible for leading the Group’s operational activities in relation to BCM and DR to ensure that these are executed in line with the requirements of the agreed Group framework
Risk, Compliance & Business Continuity:
At all times, act with due care, skill and diligence to ensure compliance with the group’s risk culture, policies and procedures, Code of Conduct and Values.
Ensure a climate of openness, transparency and accountability for compliance with external regulations and internal risk policies and procedures, where issues are raised and escalated, as appropriate and required, in a timely manner.
Ensure that stakeholders and reports are educated on risk and compliance matters, and that all employees in reporting line complete mandatory training to schedule.
Ensure that policies and procedures for your area(s) of responsibility are clearly documented, stored in an accessible manner, and kept up to date.
Participate in exercises to rehearse the banks response to an emergency situation (i.e. evacuation exercises and Business Continuity tests)
Job Context (Circumstances & environment surrounding the job):
The need for and complexity of BCM and DR arrangements within the Financial Services sector continues to grow as a result of increasing focus of regulators, governments and customers on whether Financial Services firms have robust and reliable arrangements in place to deal with crisis situations and minimize the impact on the financial system (systemic risk).
Leading a team of direct and indirect reports across a number of geographies the job holder will develop, maintain and test business continuity and disaster recovery plans and ensure that supporting policies and procedures are designed to protect the group’s business assets, and help ensure continuity of service to our customers in adverse situations.
As such the job holder will need to possess a deep understanding of business continuity and disaster recover frameworks, regulatory compliance responsibilities, use of technology to automate planning activities, and strategies for continuous monitoring and program improvement.
The job holder should be experienced at leading similar programs across an organization operating at an executive level and serving as a point of contact for internal and external audit as well as regulatory examinations, and customer due diligence requests.
Extensive experience in Business Continuity Management, Risk Management, IT Audit and/or IT Security Roles, preferably in the financial industry, supported by:
- Practical working experience with risk & control frameworks;
- Demonstrable understanding of the regulatory compliance environment in different countries where the group operates;
- Broad knowledge of operational risk disciplines, information security, business continuity and disaster recovery;
- Relevant knowledge of industry process, control and risk frameworks, e.g. ISO 22301, COSO;
- Strong practical experience with tools and methodologies applied to business processes, business applications, technology infrastructure and third parties.
Education / Certifications
- Master degree of reputable university;
- Formal academic credentials related to BCM and/or DR;
At least 15 years of relevant work experience, with a minimum of 8 years in operations, IT or risk management.
- Strong written & oral communication / presentational skills;
- Good time-management skills;
- Self-motivation and leadership attributes;
- People management and relationship skills;
- Experience leading business critical projects;
- Good PC skills (current applications).