VP, Senior Team Leader - Credit Audit
- Manama, Capital Governorate, Bahrain
- Festanstellung, Vollzeit
- 14 Aug 17
To support Group Audit in providing an opinion to Senior Management and the Audit Committee on the adequacy and effectiveness of internal controls related to Credit Asset Quality and Risk Management. It includes:
- Delivery of audit assignments as per the annual plan and scope or ad-hoc requests
- Providing ongoing risk assessment and input to the annual audit plan
- Managing relationships within the organization or external parties
- Applying and contributing to the Audit tools and methodology development
- Leading the Credit Audit team
Principal Responsibilities, Accountabilities and Deliverables of Role:
1- Delivery of internal audits in accordance with the annual audit plan
- Plan the scope of individual assignments.
- Establish an appropriate team to deliver the assignment in terms of skill-sets and numbers.
- Allocate areas of responsibility and ensure the completion of own and others work.
- Ensure work is captured within B-Wise.
- Produce and discuss issue sheets on findings, agree action plans
- Produce and agree the audit report.
- Present the findings to the Audit Committee.
2- Conduct ad-hoc reviews and assignments as requested by the Group Chief Auditor, Senior management or Audit Committee
- As above.
3- Oversee the activities of overseas Credit Audits
- Maintain awareness of the Credit Function and Asset Portfolio of all Overseas Units.
- Regular meetings / conversations with the Local CROs
- Review draft Terms of Reference, Issue Sheets and Audit Reports for all Credit audits.
- Provide guidance on updates to Group Audit’s methodology.
- Attendance at local Audit Committee meetings when required.
4- Manage relationships with Bahrain-based Business Units
- Conduct regular relationship management meetings with Credit Risk Management.
- Maintain awareness of levels of business activity and new products / business developments.
- Use the information acquired to inform decisions on individual Audit assignments and the Annual plan.
- Periodic updates on key risk profile changes within Group Audit.
5- Provide input to the annual audit planning process
- Remain aware of ongoing and emerging risks within the Group.
- Assess the risks in across Business Units / Credit Areas in order to identify areas of priority
- Identify appropriate staffing of Audit assignments.
- Identify the most appropriate time for conducting assignments based on availability of audit staff and activities within the audited area.
6- Contribute to the ongoing development of Group Audit’s methodology
- Maintain awareness of developments in the Internal Audit profession
- Critical analysis of Group Audit’s existing credit quality and risk audit methodology
- Develop proposals for discussion with Group Chief Auditor and other Senior Team Leaders
- Implement agreed initiatives of self and others
- Act as champion for the audit tools within Group Audit
- Subject matter expert on the Credit Risk Management framework processes (Corporate, FI’s, SMEs and Retail) including:
- Strong understanding of corporate governance.
- Excellent spoken and written English and Arabic language skills.
- Proficiency in at least one other language (French, Arabic or Portuguese) would be desirable.
- Risk based Credit auditing techniques
- Thorough understanding of banking products and services. A thorough understanding of risks and controls related to Trade Finance products
- Regulatory environment under which banks are operating
- Risk Management and support functions
Education / Certifications
- University Degree and Professional Qualification in finance, banking, accounting, business, audit or risk management.
- Minimum 15 years within Banking and a preference for at least 7 years internal audit or assets quality review experience.
- Proven experience in the identification of risks and controls related to Credit Risk Management (Quality and Credit Processes) including exposure to different Credit Risk methodologies (Moody’s Risk Analyst is desirable)
- Familiarity with and exposure to different audit methodologies and with workflow-based audit software, such as B-Wise.
- Development and delivery of presentations to senior individuals.