China Trade Business Development Specialist (Vice President)
- Peking, Beijing, China
- Festanstellung, Vollzeit
- The Bank of New York Mellon
- 01 Aug 17
The Trade Business Development team has global sales responsibility for working with corporate and FIs to grow new and maintain existing trade revenue.
- The Trade Business Development team has global sales responsibility for working with corporates and FIs to grow new and maintain existing trade revenue.
- Working under the general direction of a regional Trade Business Development manager and with support from in-country and regional colleagues, the individual will primarily build and grow the company's export trade finance (beneficiary marketing) activities and revenue by leveraging inbound letters of credit and also source large ticket LC confirmation/discounting transactions.
- The individual should possess in-depth product & market knowledge and strong customer contacts to build the business.
- The individual will also have sales responsibility for providing comprehensive trade finance expertise across the business’s local and client base.
- The role requires strong sales skills and the ability to closely collaborate with other business units (RMs, Trade Product, Ops) to expanding the trade franchise both to corporates and to FIs.
- Also this position is the key sales contact for trade exporters/LC beneficiaries, both in soliciting new export LC businesses or to support trade processing FI programs.
- The incumbent is ultimately responsible for identifying and closing new business and meeting the business revenue target.
- A solid foundation in credit as well as a thorough understanding of trade credit products is important.
- Work closely within the APAC Trade Business Development team and with members of the global Trade team to cross sell trade finance offerings within APAC and across the world.
- In collaboration with Treasury Services relationship managers, client management, trade operations and other regional colleagues, the individual will develop and implement strategies for achieving Treasury Services financial targets.
- Close interaction with Risk, Compliance, and Legal is important in maintaining portfolio soundness and ensuring that deals are executed within approved parameters.
- A self-starter, requiring minimal day-to-day supervision, but receives guidance regarding overall strategic direction from the regional manager.
- Bachelor in Business, Finance or equivalent experience.
- MBA, Finance preferred.
- 8-12 years business/finance experience with a minimum 4-6 years Trade Finance experience.
- Proficiency in Chinese and English.