Internship - Junior Research Analyst Germanic market
- € 1000 monthly + public transportation
- Berlin, Deutschland
- Praktika / Traineestellen, Vollzeit
- ISS - Institutional Shareholder Services
- 16 Jan 17
ISS is seeking a number of talented and self-motivated research interns for the winter/spring of 2017. Our interns will be assigned to the dynamic German-speaking region (Germany, Austria, and Switzerland) and be guided by our top experienced analysts.
Count yourself in.
Enter a world of corporate governance and responsible investment, and jumpstart your career by gaining exposure to the fundamental affairs of businesses and economies on a global scale.
Why work for ISS?
For more than 30 years now, Institutional Shareholder Services Inc. (ISS) has been the world’s leading provider of corporate governance and responsible investment (RI) solutions for asset owners, asset managers, hedge funds, and asset service providers. Institutional clients turn to us to apply their corporate governance views, identify governance risks, and manage their complete proxy voting needs on a global scale.
We are truly a global company, with more than 900 employees spread across 18 offices in 13 countries. A career at ISS gives you international experience working with market-leading experts who enable investors to incorporate corporate governance and responsible investment in their policies and practices.
The ISS Way
At ISS, our values are not as much imposed as they are inspired. We talk about ideals in terms of how they bring our people together in a culture that upholds the interests of our colleagues, shareholders, and clients. Everyone at ISS is a champion of Integrity, Collaboration, Empowerment, Flexibility, Diversity, and Client Service. When you join ISS, you are expected to exemplify these Values in a manner that informs your actions and aspirations in the workplace.
What’s in it for you?
- Work in a flexible and diversified environment.
- Perform in a workplace of integrity and transparency.
- Learn the function of corporate governance and gain an understanding of its technical terminology.
- Receive in-depth training in the latest developments in corporate governance to fulfill your career aspirations.
- Expand your know-how in the corporate governance industry, and contribute to our client work and knowledge building.
ISS is seeking a number of talented and self-motivated research interns for the winter of 2017. Our interns will be assigned to the dynamic German-speaking region (Germany, Austria, and Switzerland) and be guided by our top experienced analysts.
- Assist our analysts by closely inspecting the agendas of annual general meetings.
- Learn about and then formulate vote recommendations.
- Gather data based on information in the company’s public documents.
- Engage with companies to procure additional information.
- Prepare reports detailing the analyses and explaining why a certain vote recommendation was given.
- A relevant master's degree in law, political sciences, economics, business or finance, or be in the process of obtaining such a degree.
- Prior experience in a relevant area will be considered as an advantage.
- A strong analytical ability, mathematical literacy, and strong oral and written communication skills.
- The ability to assimilate large quantities of information, work independently and take initiative while also being a team player.
- An organized and structured mind to deal with large quantities of work and strict deadlines.
- Fluent (both spoken and written) in English and German is mandatory.
This internship is remunerated (€ 1000 monthly + public transportation pass) and will run for 4 months starting in February 2017.
Interested in this great learning opportunity?
Applicants should apply online at https://jobs-international-issgovernance.icims.com/jobs/1059/internship---junior-research-analyst-germanic-market/job, by sending a cover letter along with a CV in English. Applications without a cover letter won’t be taken into consideration!
Please note that due to the high volume of applications we receive, we can only respond to selected candidates.
To all recruitment agencies: ISS does not accept unsolicited CVs/Resumes. Please do not forward CVs/Resumes to any ISS employee, location or website. ISS is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited CVs/Resumes.