Associate Director Public Finance - European Sovereign and Sub-sovereign Ratings (fm) in Frankfurt
- Frankfurt am Main, Hessen, Deutschland
- Festanstellung, Vollzeit
- 20 Feb 17
Scope Ratings AG, a part of the Scope Group, is the leading European credit rating agency, with headquarters in Berlin and offices in Frankfurt, London, Paris, Madrid and Milan. The company specialises in the analysis and ratings of financial institutions, corporates, structured finance, project finance and public finance. Scope Ratings AG offers a credit risk analysis that is opinion-driven, forward-looking and non-mechanistic – an approach which adds to a greater diversity of opinions for institutional investors. Scope Ratings AG is an ESMA-accredited rating agency operating in the European Union with ECAI status.
We have an opportunity for an Associate Director in Scope’s Public Finance Team to join an international team of rating analysts and to become responsible for the credit analysis of a portfolio of sovereign governments and public sector entities.
Your tasks & responsibilities
- Conduct ratings and research on a portfolio of European Sovereigns, sub-sovereigns and public sector entities
- Identify, initiate and undertake rigorous quantitative and qualitative economic, financial and political risk analysis
- Lead rating committee discussions, make recommendations for rating actions
- Production of high quality rating reports and sector research, demonstrating Scope’s fundamental understanding of macro-economic, sovereign and sub-sovereign trends
- Conduct investor, issuer and arranger outreach, and interviews with the press presenting and explaining Scope’s analytical approach
- Development and training of junior analysts, further developing the Public Finance team
- Support of the unit's administrative functions with regard to compliance and regulation
Your professional qualifications
- 5+ years of relevant experience in sovereign and/or sub-sovereign risk analysis and/or applied economics gained from a ministry of finance, central bank, rating agency or macroeconomic research house
- Strong understanding of macroeconomics and a keen interest and awareness of international and political affairs
- Graduate degree in economics or equivalent (MA, MBA)
- Extensive knowledge of the Western Europe Sovereign ratings sector is required
- Knowledge of capital markets and bond issuance are advantageous
- Strong quantitative skills (economics, econometrics, accounting, finance). Proficient in Excel and PowerPoint
- Proficient written and oral communication skills in English and one other European language, particularly German, would be advantageous.
Your personal attributes
- Excellent written skills are a must, particularly in producing high calibre research, and extensive public speaking experience is a plus
- Able to take ownership and responsibility of tasks and projects that involve both independent and team work
- Confident and professional appearance and high social and communication skills
- Accountable and reliable person of highest integrity
We look forward to learning more about you from your convincing application. Please apply online using our application tool quoting the reference “20170180“. Please note: For non-EU applicants a valid German work permit and German residence is a prerequisite for this job position.
Apply online - https://jobdb.softgarden.de/jobdb/public/jobposting/applyonline/click?jp=792694