Associate (m/f) Real Estate Acquisitions
- Attractive salary package
- Frankfurt am Main, Hessen, Deutschland
- Festanstellung, Vollzeit
- Cobalt Recruitment
- 26 Feb 17
Our client is a global real estate investment management firm with over $ 36 billion in assets under management. For their office in Frankfurt they are now looking for an Associate, Real Estate Acquisitions.
Our client is a global real estate investment management firm with over $ 36 billion in assets under management. Founded in 1966, they have 11 offices worldwide and are an active participant in three key segments of the global real estate property and capital markets. Their collaborative investment process uses input from some of the most experienced investment and research professionals in the industry.
The principal role of the Associate, Real Estate Acquisitions is to work within a small team to analyse new real estate investment opportunities within Europe and in particular Germany for the company, as well as assist in all areas of the investment process including underwriting, market research, execution, closing and handover process.
Key Responsibilities (include, but are not limited to)
- Prepare financial models to analyse investments and to project metrics such as IRR, yields, etc.
- Prepare and confirm pro forma cash flow projections for potential investment opportunities
- Prepare summaries, memos, or presentations of investment opportunities for internal or client presentation
- Support research team in relation to local, regional and national market data analysis and process
- Coordinate and participate in due diligence relating to investment opportunities
- Support deal negotiations with data / analysis as required, contract review, ancillary document review and production (e.g. appendices)
- Coordinate and participate in the completion process as well as handover to the asset management team
- Prepare Investment Committee materials and participate in Investment Committee meetings as required
- Support (re)financing processes as required
- Frequently interact with individuals within and outside of the firm to determine the best buy-side decisions
- Support deal origination efforts and develop your own network to agents, sellers, developers to help source transactions
- Site visits
- Coach, integrate and manage interns or junior resources
- Bachelor's or Master´s degree in Finance, Real Estate or other related field preferred
- Previous experience in real estate, with a preference for buy-side experience
- Thorough understanding of real estate finance, property valuation and equity investment analysis is a must
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- The ability to partner with internal clients, coach juniors, and work on complex deals (e.g. JV partnerships)
- Ability to prioritize tasks, work on multiple assignments, and manage ambiguity
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team with professionals at all levels
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Have experience and familiarity with reading and understanding relevant legal documentation (e.g. SPAs, Financing Facility Agreements, Lease Contracts, etc.)
- Willingness to travel across and outside Germany
- Fluency in German (native) and English
Are you interested?
Then please send your complete application with the reference number DB/1272558 to firstname.lastname@example.org or call Daniel Bauer at +49 (0)69 3 4877 4470.