SMBC Frankfurt Branch Leveraged Finance Expert with 2-6y experience/deal execution (m/w)
- Frankfurt am Main, Hessen, Deutschland
- Festanstellung, Vollzeit
- Sumitomo Mitsui Banking Corporation, Frankfurt Branch
- 31 Jul 17
The job is to support the Bank's development of leveraged finance activities in Germany. Primarily the applicant will be in charge of working on arranging and underwriting deals in the mid and large cap segment. He/she will report to the Head of SMBC Leveraged Finance Germany based in Frankfurt.
- SMBC is one of the three largest Japanese banks with offices and branches across the globe
- Well capitalised institution and excellent credit rating
- Leading global positions in Project Finance, Aviation Finance and Structured Credit, aiming to build long term client relationships
- Via the acquisition of the GE Capital European Leveraged Finance team in 2015, SMBC is now a top ranked European Leveraged Loan Arranger & Underwriter
- Work as part of a deal team to structure & analyse potential new transactions.
- Preparation and presentation of detailed Credit Applications, including the preparation and interpretation of the Bank's LBO model.
- Attend management presentations and meetings with due diligence providers: review due diligence reports and identifying and mitigate the applicable risks in potential transactions; conduct scenarios etc.
- Review loan documentation.
- Prepare materials for marketing pitches.
- Develop an external network of private equity, advisory and management contacts.
- Liaise with capital markets, back and middle office teams (Credit Control, Loans Admin, Static Data, KYC etc.) to ensure seamless deal execution, with full adherence to all booking and operational requirements.
- Assist Management in the preparation of various 'ad hoc' reports relating to the Bank's strategy and focus.
- Strong academic background from a top-tier school related to business or finance.
- Excellent knowledge in credit and risk analysis for leveraged finance borrowers and financial modelling.
- Having collected already working experience within Leveraged Finance, minimum 2y or having worked for a top ranked transaction service provider.
- In depth skills in financial modelling and cash flow analysis.
- Experience in reviewing of basic financing legal documentation and in assisting business development / marketing within a financial institution.
- Team player with an entrepreneurial and inquisitive mind-set and able to work independently.
- Excellent interpersonal, analytical and problem solving ability and keen attention to detail.
- Professional level fluency in German and English. Other European language skills would be advantageous.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (specifically Excel, Word, and PowerPoint).
Please submit your application including CV and references to Nadja Kleinfelder, Assistant SPDE (email@example.com). For further information about Sumitomo Mitsui Banking Corporation, please see our website: www.smbcgroup.com.