Director, Renewables – Infrastructure Debt Fund – Paris
- Paris, Île-de-France, Frankreich
- Festanstellung, Vollzeit
- One Search
- 14 Aug 17
Our client is a major global institutional investor with more than €10bn invested across the Alternatives market worldwide. They wish to bring on board an experienced Infrastructure Financier, with a Renewable Energy focus, to be based in their Paris office.
Major Alternatives player with a particularly strong focus in Infra, Energy and Real Assets in Continental Europe. Due to an increasing allocation towards Infrastructure and a particular push deeper into the Renewables space, we are mandated to bring on board a Paris-based Director with 10 years’ exposure to Project Finance/Infrastructure Debt.
Based in Paris and reporting directly to the Head of Infrastructure Debt, your responsibilities will be as follows:
- Assist in the initial screening of opportunities including presentation to the Infrastructure Debt team, preparation of screening papers for the Investment Committee (IC) and preparation of materials to present to current and potential investors.
- As part of a deal team, undertake detailed transaction due diligence, including the review and analysis of financial, legal, commercial and technical reports. Undertake risk grading and analysis of relative value utilising the approved methodologies.
- Preparation of investment proposals and assist presentation to IC.
- Assist negotiation of investment terms and execute transactions.
- Ongoing review of financial and operating performance including meetings with management and liaising with the agent, lenders counsel, and wider lender group.
- Periodic formal credit review of each transaction including ongoing assessment of value and compliance with investment mandates.
- Evaluate waivers, consent requests, divestment proposals and other investment and sector specific issues.
- Remain informed of key risks and opportunities facing the sector and business and share learnings with the rest of the team.
- Coordinate internally and externally to ensure an efficient and transparent execution of these responsibilities including preparation of IC papers, liaising with clients/fund boards, contributing to portfolio credit reviews, contributing to client/fund updates and preparation of investor material.
- Fund raising / new business:
- Contribute to fund structuring, preparation of fund documentation.
- Responsibility for investor due diligence liaison.
- Assist in preparation of marketing materials and attend prospective investor meetings.
Credit and infrastructure market knowledge
- Keep informed of key developments in the infrastructure and credit markets and ensure dissemination of information to the wider team.
- Attend seminars and other training to supplement knowledge as required
This will be a highly visible and fast-paced role as part of the flat leadership structure of a leading investment house. As such, we must insist that you satisfy the following criteria if you wish for your application to be considered:
- 8-15 years of strong experience in Structured/Project Finance
- Fluency in French and English – a third language would be advantageous (German, Spanish, Dutch or Italian would be ideal)
- Demonstrable structured/project finance experience in the European market across the Renewables, regulated and contracted utilities, PFI/PPP or transportation sectors including experience leading infrastructure debt transactions.
- Good working knowledge of global debt markets.
- Experience in negotiating infrastructure finance senior loan documentation and conducting senior lender due diligence
- Expertise in creating and reviewing Excel financial models for both corporate and project finance transactions
- Creative and practical intelligence, evidenced by top class academics from a leading seat of learning
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
If you satisfy the criteria and wish to be considered, please send your CV and a covering note to firstname.lastname@example.org