(CONTRACT) - Senior Client Referential Officer (6 Months)
BNP Paribas offers you an exciting career opportunity in an international, challenging business environment characterized by high pace and diversity with focus on creating valuable relations with our customers. We offer a competitive salary & benefits package and also an excellent work environment where you’re valued as part of our team!BNP Paribas
The BNP Paribas Group is a leader in banking and financial services, employing over 185,000 people across 75 countries and 5 continents. At BNP Paribas, we work continuously on behalf of our clients, helping them to realise their projects around the world. You can be an important part of this, helping us to serve our clients both in mature and emerging markets, providing them with financial solutions across a diverse range of expertise, products and services. Our origins lie in Europe but nearly a quarter of our employees now work in our multi-award-winning Asian offices and we are a committed player in all APAC markets.
In Asia Pacific, BNP Paribas has been present in the region for over 150 years and plans to grow its business from €2bl EUR to €3bl EUR by the end of 2016. With 9,000 employees in the region and a presence in 14 markets (with 3 main centres in Hong Kong, Singapore and Tokyo), BNP Paribas offers you the chance to grow with us in Asia Pacific.
The Senior Client Referential Officer will assist duties within Client Management Referential team on activities pertaining to authorized signatures maintenance, client and account maintenance inclusive data analysis.
Client Referential Team engages with all level of management in ensuring client data integrity without compromising on controls across different business lines and products.
The role of the Senior Client Referential Officer is to ensure:
- the referential systems/ static data are kept up-to-date and in timely manner
- procedures exist and are followed and continuously maintained to ensure consistent data are recorded in systems
- adequate controls over input, transfers between systems, frequency of updates, etc. are in place to ensure the data quality
- remediation plans to clean up existing data recorded in applications are defined and carried out
- the global/ regional and local projects for referential perimeter are carried in accordance with the agreed timetable involving all required stakeholders
- Provide administrative support on client and account maintenance, strictly adhering to internal policies and guidelines
- Ensure alignment with the bank's KYC records when administering the client and account records
- Perform regular reconciliations on the client accounts records against the group's risk and KYC records
- Remediate reconciliation breaks in close co-ordination with multiple internal teams
- Raise and track incidents until closure
- Work closely with internal departments to facilitate transaction processing and monitoring
- Handle clients' enquiries with responsive action
Technical & Behavioral Competencies
- Degree holder or equivalent
- Sound knowledge in AML/KYC/Due Diligence
- 5+ years of experience in managing a production environment
- Prior exposure to the financial services industry highly preferred, especially on the corporate banking business
- Excellent computer skills on Excel, Word and Powerpoint
- Excellent communication skills in English. Cantonese is a plus.
- Not afraid to go the extra mile to achieve goals
- A good team player with pro-active working attitude
- Analytical and detailed oriented
- Ability to manage the expectations and timeline of internal clients
- Structure and organized in day-to-day work