Institutional Equity Division (IED), Prime Brokerage Asia Capital Introduction, Senior Associate or Vice President
- Hong Kong
- Festanstellung, Vollzeit
- Morgan Stanley
- 17 Aug 17
See job description for details
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, wealth management and investment management services. With offices in more than 42 countries, the Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments, institutions and individuals.
Morgan Stanley Prime Brokerage is a leading provider of clearing and custody, financing, securities lending, client technology and customized reporting services to hedge fund clients and asset owners globally. The business has an operating history as a market leader of over 30 years.
The Capital Introduction function is a key component of the Morgan Stanley Prime Brokerage service offering enabling a differentiated level of client engagement. A Capital Introduction professional is responsible for assisting hedge fund clients with their asset raising efforts across each stage of the fund life cycle.
Based in the Firm’s regional headquarters here in Hong Kong, this role ( Senior Associate or Vice President) is involved in building strong relationships with hedge fund clients and allocators, providing bespoke advice to hedge fund clients on the optimal marketing approach, and executing on marketing roadshows, hedge fund conferences and targeted allocator introductions.
- Provide consultative advice to hedge fund clients on the asset raising environment, fund terms, optimal marketing approach and strategy, and relevant target allocators
- Execute on global and Asia hedge fund roadshows, allocator feedback and market perception studies
- Prepare bespoke presentation materials covering industry performance, exposure and positioning, allocator trends and flows, peer group analysis and bespoke marketing plans
- Develop existing and seek new allocator relationships on an ongoing basis in relevant coverage market(s)
- Assist global allocators in sourcing relevant Asia hedge fund managers that are a potential fit with their investment preferences
- Work closely with Prime Brokerage colleagues across the Sales, Business Consulting and Client Coverage functions to win new business, assess new business opportunities and monetize client relationships
- Liaise with Capital Introduction colleagues globally to most effectively leverage the global Capital Introduction platform for Asia based managers
- Assist with the organization of Morgan Stanley’s Asia hedge fund forums and Capital Introduction events globally
- Operate strictly within a Compliance-approved framework and assist with internal audit assignments and procedures, as required
Skillsets and Experience Required
- At least 5 years of experience in an Investment Banking or Asset Management business; ideally including experience with hedge funds and/or allocators in the Alternatives asset class, and knowledge of hedge fund strategies
- Strong interpersonal skills and client-facing experience
- Strong work ethic with the ability to multi-task in a dynamic environment
- Effective written and verbal communication skills in English; ideally with business level Mandarin or Japanese language capability
- Proficient with Microsoft PowerPoint and Excel