Project Manager - Global Banking and Markets
- Hong Kong
- Festanstellung, Vollzeit
- 03 Aug 17
Some careers have more impact than others.
If you’re looking for a role where you can continue to make an impression, take the next step at HSBC where your contributions will always be valued.
HSBC Global Banking and Markets is an emerging markets-led, financing-focused business that provides investment and financial solutions. Through our international network, we connect emerging and mature markets, covering key growth areas. We partner with our corporate, government and institutional clients to help them achieve consistent, long-term performance. Our products and services include advisory, financing, prime services, research and analysis, securities services, trading and sales and transaction banking.
We are currently seeking a high caliber professional to join our team as Project Manager.
In this role, you will
- Responsible for assembling project team, assigning individual responsibilities, identifying appropriate resources needed, and developing schedule to ensure timely completion of project. May communicate with a Senior Project Manager, Functional Manager, or Program Manager regarding status of specific projects
- Typically will manage a regional project of medium risk with moderately aggressive timelines. Project duration will span 1 to 11 months and have up to 5 stakeholders, many interfaces and many sub projects. The project scope will be moderately defined and will mainly consist of minor modifications to primarily existing technology and systems.
- Produce effective progress reports for assigned projects to keep management appraised of project status, major risks and issues, scope changes, resource changes and milestone achievement or misses
- Manage project budget, ensure that costs are controlled, tracked and accurate effort and expenditure figures are provided to Finance & Planning.
- Ensure compliance with all relevant internal instructions and external regulatory requirements, including the management of operational risk and adherence to the Group's standards of ethical behavior.
To be successful in this role, you should meet the following requirements
- Must be familiar with system scope and project objectives, as well as the role and function of each team member, to effectively coordinate the activities of the team
- Project management and time management skills
- Be able to budget, track and control project expenditure
- Strong leadership and team management skills
- Relationship management and networking skills
- Good business judgement and capacity to consult on and satisfy business needs
- Good presentation and negotiating skills
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
The chosen candidate for this role will be required to undergo enhanced vetting. Subject to local laws, this will require the individual to satisfactorily pass a series of additional checks as part of the recruitment process and on an ongoing basis, if appointed to the role. HSBC Group reserves its position with regard to any steps which it may take in relation to any material adverse findings which arise either when the checks are originally completed, and/or if relevant, on an ongoing basis. For more information about the enhanced vetting for this role please contact the recruiter for this role.
For further details and application information please visit our career site, search under reference number 00009LOH
You’ll achieve more when you join HSBC.
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment. Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.
Issued by The Hongkong and Shanghai Banking Corporation Limited