Regional Head of Financial Institutions Group, Asia Pacific South
- Hong Kong
- Festanstellung, Vollzeit
- Wells Fargo Bank
- 21 Aug 17
Overall responsibility serving a market segment of Bank and Non-bank Financial Institutions based in the ASEAN region and South Asia Australia, New Zealand and the pacific Islands (“Asia Pacific South”) with the goal of growing and maintaining a portfolio of profitable clients through a pro-active, strategic and consistent business development, client retention and prospecting effort. This position can be based in Hong Kong or Singapore.
- Grow and maintain a portfolio of profitable Financial Institution clients in Asia Pacific South through a proactive, strategic and consistent business development, client retention, and prospecting relationship management effort. Oversee the development of lasting, influential, consultative client relationships with key decision makers at all levels. Actively call in region in support of relationship managers and in development of high level institutional relationships.
- Active participation on the management team of Financial Institutions Group Asia Pacific including broader Asia Pacific wide business development, projects and representing Area Head as necessary internally and externally.
- Participate in annual budget planning process and manage business within expense targets.
Compliance Risk Management:
- Continue to lead Financial Institutions Group through a compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes compliance risk management as a discipline critical to our success and the success of our customers.
- Ensure robust compliance with Know Your Client documentation, Bank Secrecy Act and Anti-Money Laundering policies and procedures in order to effectively mitigate and manage risk.
- Collaborate extensively with Financial Institutions Group Compliance, Asia Pacific Compliance and the Financial Institutions Group Relationship Management Support Team both “on the ground” and in management decision making.
- Ensure compliance with Wells Fargo expense policies and procedures including Global Anti-Corruption policies and procedures.
- Ensure compliance with local laws and regulations in Asia Pacific South.
Credit Risk Management:
- Oversee the management of the credit portfolio and credit risk that includes development and execution of a country-specific credit strategies; reviewing and approving credit requests; oversee the effective management of country and counterparty limits and using market intelligence to capitalize on opportunities and avoid pitfalls in managing bank and country risk.
- Develop credibility with Credit Risk management in support of growth of appropriate credit risk portfolios.
Product Partner Engagement:
- Develop and execute a business development plan to support Wells Fargo’s cross-sell objectives for assigned clients and prospects.
- Collaborate effectively with other Wells Fargo groups to meet cross-sell revenue targets, execute business plans, implement new business, and retain existing business. Key product partners include Global Payment Services, International Trade Services, Wells Fargo Trade Capital (Factoring), Wells Fargo Securities Fixed Income Sales and Trading, Wells Fargo Securities Debt Capital Markets, Wells Fargo Securities Interest Rate Risk Management, Corporate Trust, Foreign Exchange and Wells Fargo Asset Management among others.
- Develop and execute a plan to train relationship managers on country-specific cross-sell products and capabilities.
- Partner with other Wells Fargo departments to ensure that client issues are addressed and resolved in a timely manner.
- University degree.
- Minimum 10 years of management experience.
- Minimum 10 years of financial institutions experience.
- Strong knowledge and experience in compliance and Asia Pacific South banking regulations.
- In-depth knowledge of Asset Management and Capital Markets products and services.
- In-depth knowledge of Correspondent Banking products and solutions.
- In-depth knowledge of Asia Pacific South Financial Institution market dynamics, macroeconomic and political circumstances.
- Sound understanding of counterparty and country credit risk and relevant credit risk products.
- Sound understanding of compliance policy and risk, especially Know Your Client, Bank Secrecy Act and Anti-Money Laundering risk.
- Proven track record of marketing transaction products and service.
- Fluency in English (oral, reading and writing).
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance.
- Fluency in one or more local languages in Asia Pacific South Asia region will be a plus.
Team members support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit's risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.