Senior Company Secretarial Assistant - Company Secretary
- Hong Kong
- Festanstellung, Vollzeit
- 02 Aug 17
Some careers grow faster than others.
If you’re looking for further opportunities to develop your career, take the next step in fulfiling your potential right here at HSBC.
The Company Secretarial function leads, develops and manages corporate governance throughout the Group. As principal advisors to the boards of directors on corporate governance matters, the team also holds responsibility for establishing and managing stock exchange listings; directing and managing shareholder meetings and equity raisings, and representing Group interests in the development of laws and regulations.
We are currently seeking a high caliber professional to join our team as Senior Company Secretarial Assistant.
In this role, you will
- To support the provision of a company secretarial service to HSBC Group's companies both directly and in support of the Assistant Company Secretary
- Advise the Board of Directors through the respective Chairman and, where appropriate, Chief Executive, on all corporate governance matters
- To assist the Assistant Company Secretary in supporting the Boards of Directors and corporate governance frameworks within Asia Pacific Region
- Maintenance of companies' statutory registers and the submission of statutory filings
- To contribute to the development of strategic and operational objectives of the Global Company Secretarial function through the senior management at the Hong Kong Company Secretary's Department
- Maintaining and developing positive relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Responsible for ensuring that policies and procedures are identified and adhered to, identifying improvements to existing methods of working
To be successful in this role, you should meet the following requirements
- Knowledge of the Hong Kong Companies Ordinance and other pertinent legislation and regulations such as Securities and Futures Commission Ordinance
- Member of The Institute of Chartered Secretaries and Administrators and with proven company secretarial experience or exposure with professional firms, banks or listed companies
- Good command of written and verbal English and Cantonese
- Good interpersonal skills
- Accuracy, attention to detail, flexibility and the ability to prioritise and work well under pressure
For further details and application information please visit our career site, search under reference number 00009KM0
You’ll achieve more when you join HSBC.
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment. Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.
Issued by The Hongkong and Shanghai Banking Corporation Limited