Senior Legal Counsel / Legal Counsel
- Hong Kong
- Festanstellung, Vollzeit
- China Life Insurance (Overseas) Co Ltd
- 18 Sep 17
China Life Insurance (Overseas) Company Limited is a company that is wholly owned by China Life Insurance Group Company, functioned as promoting Group’s business development overseas, with branches in Hong Kong, Macau and Singapore. To cope with our business growth, we are inviting high caliber professionals to join our Hong Kong Branch for the following position:
1. Provide legal advice to all business units and departments on different projects, new business initiatives and development of the Company.
2. Draft, review and negotiate legal documents, including insurance product documents, investment and commercial contracts.
3. Analyze and advise on the legal impact of new or changes in existing legislation, rules, regulations, guidelines concerning the businesses and operation of the Company.
4. Identify material legal risks and provide practical solutions to the Company.
5. Review and update existing internal policies and procedures, manuals and guidelines in view of the changing legal environment to the extent that the businesses and operation of the Company are concerned.
6. Liaise with and instruct external lawyers on a wide range of legal and compliance issues. Monitor quality of legal services provided by external lawyers.
7. Handle any other legal-related responsibilities and ad-hoc assignments assigned by the General Counsel or supervisor from time to time.
1. Qualified Hong Kong lawyer with at least 8 years post qualification experience in and from life insurance companies is highly preferred. Having equivalent working experience in other financial institutions will also be considered. Candidates with less experience may be considered as Legal Counsel.
2. Familiar with Insurance Companies Ordinance, Securities and Futures Ordinance, Mandatory Provident Fund Schemes Ordinance, Companies Ordinance and Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance.
3. Exposure to investment trusts as well as related corporate and securities experience is an advantage.
4. Fluent in written and spoken English & Chinese (including Putonghua).
5. Strong analytical and legal research skills.
6. Good interpersonal, presentation and communication skills.
7. Able to work independently and as a team player.