(Senior) Operational Risk Officer
- Luxemburg, Luxembourg
- Befristete Anstellung, Vollzeit
- European Investment Bank
- 17 Aug 17
The EIB, the European Union's bank is seeking to recruit for its RISK MANAGEMENT DIRECTORATE (RM) – COORDINATION DIVISION (COORD) – OPERATIONAL RISK UNIT (OPR), at its headquarters in Luxembourg, a:
(Senior) Operational Risk Officer
This is a full-time position in grade 5/6
The term of this contract will be 4 years
The EIB offers fixed-term contracts of up to a maximum of 6 years, according to business needs, with a possibility to convert to a permanent contract, subject to organisational requirements and individual performance.
To contribute to the implementation of the operational risk framework through the identification, assessment, monitoring and reporting of operational risk within the Bank, as well as supporting the various services in analysing and improving the quality of internal procedures and controls in order to minimise exposure to operational risk and ensure compliance with best banking practices.
S/he will work within a team of operational risk officers under the responsibility of the Head of Operational Risk Unit. Key contacts will be with other RM colleagues and back-office and front-office colleagues in FI and Ops as well as colleagues in JU, OCCO, FC, COM. S/he will interact with the Audit Committee on operational risk matters.
- Manage the production of the monthly Operational Risk Report as well as of the Operational Risk section of the Risk Report
- Handling of incidents and their recording in the Bank’s loss event database. Review of controls, procedures, processes and systems, recommending improvements as necessary
- Manage the production and contribute to the update and improvement of the Cartography of Risks at the EIB (CARE)
- Manage the development of internal policies and processes to ensure improvement of databases and applications
- Represent OPR in working groups as well as in the Consortium meetings whenever appropriate
- Secretarial activities for the NPC and follow-up of NPC decisions
- Manage and improve the implementation of the Advanced Measurement Approach (AMA) methodology for Operational Risk (in the context of the Bank’s compliance with Basel II/III)
- University degree, preferably in Economics, Banking, Finance, Mathematics and/or Statistics
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in operational risk management or in another control function such as audit
- Good knowledge of Operational Risk regulations and best practices such as Basel II/III (e.g., AMA)
- Knowledge of software applications and databases used in Operational Risk services at banks (e.g SAS).
- Good knowledge of quantitative techniques and statistical models used in operational risk
- Excellent knowledge of English and/or French(*), with a good command of the other. Knowledge of other European Union languages would be an advantage.
- Achievement Drive: continually keeps an eye on performance, focusing on improving it, showing drive and determination to meet short and long-term goals.
- Change Orientation: Adapts to differences and changes in the environment; takes a flexible approach to reach outcomes.
- Collaboration: Works cooperatively as part of a team; works collaboratively with peers across organisational boundaries based on a genuine interest in and an accurate understanding of others and their individual perspectives and concerns.
- Organisational Commitment: Is willing to commit to an organisation whose mission is to support Europe and is open to diversity, and to align her/his own behaviour with the organisation’s needs and intrinsic values, acting with integrity in ways that promote the organisation’s mission, policies and rules.
(*) There may be certain flexibility on this requirement, but limited to particularly suitable candidates who may not yet be proficient in French. If selected, such candidates will be hired on the condition that they build up rapidly knowledge of French and accept that their future career in the EIB may be subject to the attainment of sufficient proficiency in both of the Bank's working languages
For more information and to apply, please visit https://erecruitment.eib.org selecting Job ID 104437
Deadline for applications: 9th September 2017
On-site interviews are expected to be scheduled in the week of 23rd October 2017
We believe that Diversity is good for our people and our business. We promote and value diversity and inclusion among our staff and candidates; irrespective of their gender, age, nationality, race, culture, education and experience, religious beliefs, sexual orientation or disability