Associate Director/Director - Banker, Stockholm
- Standort: Stockholm, Schweden
- Gehalt: Negotiable
- Art des Jobangebots: Vollzeit
Please view Job Description for details.The Origionation Relationship Manager (ORM) provides direct sales support to the Senior Banker/Banker to originate new business and in partnership with the Senior Banker/Banker is jointly accountable for client revenues/profitability. The ORM responsibilities include:
Proactive assistance to the Senior Banker/Banker with transactional support on new business origination activities ie client research, pitch books, industry leads etc; including coordination with network and product
Client analysis, reporting on post origination activities; client meeting documentation
Support Senior Banker/Banker on sales discipline requirements ie Account Planning process; pipeline maintenance; client call reports; preparation of deal approval submissions
Proactive management of portfolio including client and product partner engagement to ensure limit utilization
Key Roles and Responsibilities
Provide direct sales support to the Senior Banker/Banker on all origination activities for the assigned ORM client portfolio:
* In partnership with the Senior Banker/Banker the ORM is jointly accountable for client revenues/profitability through the provision of origination support including:
* Proactive assistance to the Senior Banker/Banker with transactional support on client research and meeting preparation/documentation ie pitch book preparation, research into industry trends etc; coordinating with product and other key stakeholders across the network to ensure client materials are of the highest quality and client focused
* Complete bespoke client analysis as required including competitor analysis reflecting SCB's value proposition vs peers; Complete relevant reporting on post origination activities; client meeting documentation;
* Ensure adherence to all sales discipline requirements ie provide support to the Senior Banker/Banker on Account Planning, deal pipeline and call report administration/discipline, as agreed with the Banker
* Client meeting preparation and execution including logistics if attending client meetings in partnership with the Banker
* Proactive management of portfolio including client and product partner engagement to ensure limit utilization
* Support Financing Solutions teams to provide structured analysis of clients
* Prepare high-quality structured Briefing notes for Senior management engagement. Liaise with Senior Management teams to ensure preparedness
The Senior Banker/Banker is responsible for the overall Client Group Account Plan/Client Strategy. The ORM is responsible for supporting the Senior Banker/Banker in the Account Planning (client strategy) process and is responsible for providing support with this process:
* Attend and minute Account Planning/Strategy 'deep dive sessions'
* Work with the product partners to maximize cross-sell and returns on risk weighted assets.
* Ensure all relevant client team members/internal stakeholders have been appropriately engaged by the Banker with respect to the planning and communication of the relevant approved strategy for each client
* In partnership with product partners, ensure appropriate line utilization of complex and structured transactions. Review client profitability data for clients and discuss opportunities/concerns with e Senior Banker/Banker.
* In partnership with the Banker, participate in conversations with clients to understand their needs and discuss the needs based account strategy and related opportunities, transactions, pricing issues etc
* In partnership with the Credit Analyst, identify clients that need to be classified as Early Alert with Credit and/or transferred to GSAM
* Understand and be able to articulate the overall strategy for each client
* Support the Senior Banker/Banker through on-going client engagement and vigilant monitoring of client performance with a deep understanding of the client's overall industry business, performance and outlook.
* Support the Senior Banker/Banker with the proactive engagement and management of internal deal teams (all relevant product and functional partners) for complex transactions. Ensure all sensitive deal information is managed and treated confidentially
* As agreed with the Senior Banker/Banker, drive product and geography cross sell with clients
* Provide support to the Senior Banker/Banker with prompt logging of client calls into WorkBench (within 24 hours of the client meeting) and updating the deal pipeline. Support the Senior Banker/Banker to ensure client team activities required to accelerate deal conversion are followed up with the relevant internal stakeholders and with clients
* Support the CA on periodic credit reviews with requested information/ and engagement with the client (if required) particularly during periods of market volatility
* Provide support to the Senior Banker/Banker on exemplary deal management from origination to post deal ensuring at all times completion of relevant documentation, fulfilment of deal conditions and monitoring post fund disbursement
* In partnership with the Credit Analyst, complete on-going monitoring against revolving business environment and ensure risk triggers and transaction covenants are satisfactorily reviewed and attended to
* Work closely with clients to understand buying behaviour and needs in order to right size limits to ensure optimal usage, maximise client RoRWA and reduce drag on assets
* Actively undertake tail management of client base to ensure that clients remain on strategy and relevant. Otherwise, initiate exit process to manage out the client
* Ensure compliance with Bank policies and procedures as it relates to core ORM activities
* Responsible for assessing the effectiveness of the Group's arrangements to deliver effective governance, oversight and controls in the business and, if necessary, oversee changes in these areas
* Awareness and understanding of the regulatory framework, in which the Group operates, and the regulatory requirements and expectations relevant to the role.
* Responsible for delivering 'effective governance'; capability to challenge fellow executives effectively; and willingness to work with any local regulators in an open and cooperative manner.
Regulatory & Business conduct
* Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group's Values and Code of Conduct.
* Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
* Lead the revenue origination activities in the IC portfolio to achieve the outcomes set out in the Bank's Conduct Principles: Fair Outcomes for Clients; Financial Crime Compliance; The Right Environment.
* Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
Adhere to local regulator PRA/FCA prescribed responsibilities and Rationale for allocation
* Embed Here for good and Group's brand and values in daily duties
* Perform other responsibilities assigned under Group, Country, Business or Functional policies and procedures.
Qualifications and Skills
Bachelor degree in Banking or Finance preferred.
Proven experience of building strong relationships with banking key clients, client origination
Proven market knowledge of the relevant industry
Proven understanding of the regulatory framework, and the regulatory requirements and expectations relevant to the role.
Risk & AML certified as stipulated by Bank policy
How To Apply
You can search and view current opportunities across our organisation and apply immediately by visiting www.standardchartered.com and selecting Careers. To help speed up your application, please note the following:
- You will need to log in (or register if you are visiting our careers site for the first time) before you can apply for a specific role
- Some roles may require you to undertake an online talent assessment in addition to completing the application form (to facilitate this process it is preferable that you provide us with an email address as part of your contact information)
- We will ask you about your education, career history and skills and experience, it may be helpful to have this information at hand when completing your application
It usually takes 15 - 20 minutes to complete the application form; you can save your application at any time and return to complete it at your convenience.
The closing date for applications is 25/08/2017. Please note all closing dates are given in Hong Kong time (GMT + 8 hours). We aim to respond to successful applicants within four weeks and will keep a record or your application in our database so that we can contact you when suitable vacancies arise in future.
Diversity and Inclusion
Standard Chartered is committed to diversity and inclusion. We believe that a work environment which embraces diversity will enable us to get the best out of the broadest spectrum of people to sustain strong business performance and competitive advantage. By building an inclusive culture, each employee can develop a sense of belonging, and have the opportunity to maximise their personal potential.