Senior Group Life and Disability Underwriter 100% (Based in Luxembourg)
- Zürich, Schweiz
- Festanstellung, Vollzeit
- Zurich Insurance Company Ltd
- 20 Sep 17
This role provides you with the opportunity to manage ZIGRS Group Life and Disability scheme underwriting function. As a senior underwriter, you will manage a team of scheme underwriters responsible for delivery of group life underwriting service to our European market. In addition, you will contribute to the development of underwriting policy and new propositions. You will have extensive interactions with brokers, customers, and various internal stakeholders.
As a Senior Group Life and Disability Underwriter your main responsibilities will involve:
• Lead a team of scheme underwriters who assess, price, and accept group life and disability insurance risk for ZIGRS. Actively manage, develop, and train direct reports.
• Coordinate underwriting function including setting of priorities, delivery of daily activity, and relationship management
• Establish and maintain a clear governance structure for the underwriting function, including underwriting authorities, underwriting manual, and quality assurance reviews. Provide timely and expert advice for referrals of large cases
• Provide active support to Distribution in support of both growth and profitability objectives in our European and Middle East markets
• Establish and maintain good working relationships with key internal customers and ensures they receive expert help and support
• Represent the underwriting function with external stakeholders, including brokers and customers
• Acquires a comprehensive understanding of the ZIGRS proposition and provides active support for pricing and product development initiatives
Your Skills and Experience
As a Senior Group Life and Disability Underwriter your skills and qualifications will ideally include:
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills, evidenced by past success in an underwriting role and a degree in a technical subject
• A minimum of 5 years of experience in group life underwriting and from the German insurance market
• Experience and a successful record of managing and developing staff
• Advanced knowledge of group risk insurance
• Fluent in German and English (both mandatory), both written and spoken, French and any other language is an asset
• Analytical thinking, good oral and written communication skills
• Self-responsibility and discipline
• Ability to work well in a team and under pressure
• Computer experience, including Windows XP/MS office (and a high experience in Excel use) is required
• Excel and MS Office
• Project models and techniques
Work location is Luxembourg. If you are looking forward to working in a truly multicultural, multinational and diverse environment please send directly your CV to: email@example.com
Who we are
Zurich is a strong brand - more than 1.4 million Swiss customers place their trust in our products and services. Our 54,000 employees worldwide form the basis of our success, helping our customers in 210 countries and territories to understand and protect themselves from risk. In order to deliver our services, we offer our employees flexible working models and interesting opportunities for further training & development. As a Zurich employee you benefit from a multitude of advantages as well as a strong culture, characterized by acceptance, diversity and team spirit.
At Zurich we are an equal opportunity employer. We attract and retain the best qualified individuals available, without regard to race/ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age or disability.
Information for recruitment agencies
Zurich accepts no unsolicited applications from recruitment agencies for this position. We therefore request that recruitment agencies do not submit any candidate documents neither via our employees nor through our online career portal.
We refuse any responsibility for unsolicited applications as well as any associated fees. Thank you for your understanding.
Zurich Virtual Tour
Enter the fascinating World of Zurich! Learn more about our company and meet some of our employees personally in the Zurich Virtual Tour.