- Singapur, Singapore
- Festanstellung, Vollzeit
- Standard Chartered Bank Singapore
- 09 Aug 17
Associate Director, Credit Analyst, International Corporates
- Standort: Singapur, Singapore
- Gehalt: Negotiable
- Art des Jobangebots: Vollzeit
Please view Job Description for details.Standard Chartered is a leading international banking group committed to building a successful and sustainable future for our people, our customers and the communities we serve. With 1,700 branches and offices in 68 markets in Asia, Africa and the Middle East, we offer exciting and challenging international career opportunities to over 89,000 employees.
The Global Subsidiaries team is one of the most crucial teams within International Corporates. They not only manage the firm's relationships with large corporations and public sector organizations globally but they also assist to overcome challenges our clients may face and help them to develop.
The role of the Analyst within this team is important as the Analyst provides independent credit analysis and the basis of a credit strategy to maximizing our client wallet share to one or a number of Relationship Managers. They provide the Relationship Manager with a thorough understanding of the client's industry, business cycles, and other relevant factors. To do this effectively they may focus on particular industry segments. In addition they effectively manage a credit portfolio.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
As a successful Analyst within the Global Subsidiaries team you will provide proactive, comprehensive and timely credit analysis to Relationship Manager's and the Credit community.
Your daily job would include:
- Provide Relationship Managers with client insights with regard to industry sector, client information and account plans.
- Manage ongoing quality of portfolio, producing exception reports as appropriate review credit extent across entire portfolio to ensure consistency of approach
- Educate Relationship Manager's on macroeconomic fundamentals impacting their credit portfolio
- Provide creative recommendations to Relationship Manager's by monitoring peer groups, competitors, industry reviews, non standard industry information/ data (equity, credit reports, press and magazine reports)
- Evaluate learning around exception cases and seeks to share this with other Analysts to help properly capture of risk profiles and ensure robust credit analysis
- Assist, train and mentor Junior Credit Analysts, Interns and International Graduate's
- Assist Head CA / Relationship Manager's / other team members on ad-hoc projects / deals etc. as and when required.
Qualifications and Skills
Candidates with a background in business, economics or accountancy and with at least 5-6 years experience in corporate banking / investment banking / funds / credit rating agencies would be ideal for this role.
Intermediary skills in the following area would be necessary:
- Credit Risk Management
- Credit Analysis / Quantitative Analysis
- Good hands on exposure to financial modelling
- Solution / Deal Structuring
- Corporate banking Product Knowledge
- Industry / Business Knowledge
- Account Strategy and Planning
- CFA, MBA preferred
How To Apply
You can search and view current opportunities across our organisation and apply immediately by visiting www.standardchartered.com and selecting Careers. To help speed up your application, please note the following:
- You will need to log in (or register if you are visiting our careers site for the first time) before you can apply for a specific role
- Some roles may require you to undertake an online talent assessment in addition to completing the application form (to facilitate this process it is preferable that you provide us with an email address as part of your contact information)
- We will ask you about your education, career history and skills and experience, it may be helpful to have this information at hand when completing your application
It usually takes 15 - 20 minutes to complete the application form; you can save your application at any time and return to complete it at your convenience.
The closing date for applications is 06/09/2017. Please note all closing dates are given in Hong Kong time (GMT + 8 hours). We aim to respond to successful applicants within four weeks and will keep a record or your application in our database so that we can contact you when suitable vacancies arise in future.
Diversity and Inclusion
Standard Chartered is committed to diversity and inclusion. We believe that a work environment which embraces diversity will enable us to get the best out of the broadest spectrum of people to sustain strong business performance and competitive advantage. By building an inclusive culture, each employee can develop a sense of belonging, and have the opportunity to maximise their personal potential.