- Singapur, Singapore
- Festanstellung, Vollzeit
- Standard Chartered Bank Singapore
- 10 Aug 17
Business Operational Risk Manager
- Standort: Singapur, Singapore
- Gehalt: Negotiable
- Art des Jobangebots: Vollzeit
Please view Job Description for details.* Governance of regional operational infrastructure to maintain effectiveness of controls and the efficiency of the business.
* As the first line of assurance, implement ORF across the business unit, ensure appropriateness of staff filling the RP roles, execute the first line self assessment model, report on and analyze operational risks profile to relevant risk forums.
* Ensure proper functioning of day-to-day controls, periodic monitoring activities, and timely identification and resolution of risk issues.
* Assist to implement an effective Operational Risk Framework (ORF) within the business unit to ensure operational risks and controls are being managed appropriately at the business unit level in a proactive, risk based and disciplined manner to meet external, internal and regulatory requirements.
* Assist in governance oversight over Product / business operational risk management from an end-to-end basis based on WMPS Process Governance structure.
* Assist Business Unit Head to oversight the team's operational issues, risk issues, staffing issues, premises issues and cost controls.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
Implement & Monitor ORF
1. Ensure adherence to the ORF in the identification, assessment, mitigation and control and monitoring of risk. Ensure sufficient traction and follow through management actions to mitigate identified operational risks exposure.
2. Ensure that relevant Group and Business policies are effectively embedded within business unit. Facilitate the implementation of key control standards (KCS), related key control self-assessment (BKCSA), key risk indicators (KRI) and monitoring plans for compliance and operational risk management.
3. Ensure consistent deployment and execution of KCS, KCSA and KRI within Business Unit.
4. Ensure losses, risk events, policy deviations, BKCSA & KRI exceptions, are recorded, reviewed and reported. Engage appropriate stakeholders to ensure timely remedial actions and escalation of situations that pose significant risk.
Exposure Review / Investigation
5. Participate in the investigation / review of negative operational risk exposure (internal and external) as it arises.
6. Value-add to the business unit by identifying new, thematic and developing risks, providing operational risk advice through ORF and ad hoc reviews (Accountability reviews, lessons learnt reviews, Process / Control reviews) at the unit level or participating in reviews driven by the Group Business level based on thematic issues using forward looking based programmes.
7. Ensure proper follow up of issues raised by regulators, internal and external auditors.
8. Ensure risk and loss information are inputted into Phoenix, and escalation where action is not taken.
9. Act as the Complaint Associate of PvB/WMPS to handle and assist in the investigation of complaint case received.
Design and Setup
10. Assist in identifying risks in product process changes. Ensure that the operational risk implications of changes (Product Approval Document) are anticipated and clearly signaled to appropriate stakeholders. Escalate to appropriate stakeholders when operational risks threaten to breach tolerances.
11. Work closely with Product Team & System on any new system development and deployment for treasury products.
Engaging the Business
12. As a key member in the monthly FM & PVB BORF meetings, to review and monitor OR Profile and exposure of the business unit.
13. Manage Responsible Persons (RP) to ensure adequate staffing and implementation of 1 st line controls and assurance.
14. Assist the Business Unit Head to oversight the team operations and identifying any potential risks. Recommend and implement actions and solutions to mitigate operational risks and enhance compliance at the business unit.
15. Coordinate training efforts to promote risk management and compliance culture within the Business unit. Ensure gaps are identified and staffs are suitably trained on operational risk and compliance.
16. Play a vital role in the development and implementation of BCP for PvB/WMPS. To ensure the Bank to be able to maintain it critical services to our customers at all times.
Assist the Business Unit Head to oversight the staffing issues, premises issue and cost issue of the team
* Cross team collaboration and leadership skills - proactive engagement with the BORM, Country Business Unit Head, Functional BORM, RPs and all other relevant parties responsible for operational risk and compliance.
* Effectiveness of embedding the ORF, implementation of controls for compliance with regulations and Group standards, identification & monitoring of Operational Risk and compliance risk within the business unit level.
* Timely analysis, reporting and escalation of real or potential significant operational risk exposures.
* Satisfactory results on reviews undertaken by 2 nd and 3 rd lines of assurance, FSA, local regulators and external auditors.
How To Apply
You can search and view current opportunities across our organisation and apply immediately by visiting www.standardchartered.com and selecting Careers. To help speed up your application, please note the following:
- You will need to log in (or register if you are visiting our careers site for the first time) before you can apply for a specific role
- Some roles may require you to undertake an online talent assessment in addition to completing the application form (to facilitate this process it is preferable that you provide us with an email address as part of your contact information)
- We will ask you about your education, career history and skills and experience, it may be helpful to have this information at hand when completing your application
It usually takes 15 - 20 minutes to complete the application form; you can save your application at any time and return to complete it at your convenience.
Diversity and Inclusion
Standard Chartered is committed to diversity and inclusion. We believe that a work environment which embraces diversity will enable us to get the best out of the broadest spectrum of people to sustain strong business performance and competitive advantage. By building an inclusive culture, each employee can develop a sense of belonging, and have the opportunity to maximise their personal potential.