- Singapur, Singapore
- Festanstellung, Vollzeit
- Standard Chartered Bank Singapore
- 07 Aug 17
Head,Segment Management & CP
- Standort: Singapur, Singapore
- Gehalt: Negotiable
- Art des Jobangebots: Vollzeit
Please view Job Description for details.Providing tight oversight on the CB ASA Credit Portfolio - for any potential credit issues and help reduce exposures through secondary distribution and/or hedging - thereby playing a key role in reducing concentration risks and freeing up regulatory capital. Optimising the portfolio while remaining within risk tolerance, conduct portfolio reviews and also develop and implement portfolio monitoring tools for risk management. Ensure complete alignment with Risk on credit policies and assurance mechanism.
Provide transparency on the cost and risk of a transaction to the Bank. Act as centre of excellence for IFRS 9 and guide business on transactions and portfolio. Reviewing high priority transactions and advise relationship managers where necessary; providing input on frontline KPIs to help the team to ensure that they originate the right kind of business.
Enabling better and faster decision making by the frontline by providing transparency and regional/global consistency, complementing the current Risk and Finance functions.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Actively participate in defining the regional ASA CB strategy, with focus on Risk Alignment and Management, which aims to identify and create areas of competitive advantage and aligns to the overall strategic direction of the wider CB business.
- Responsible for leading and managing the implementation of the various sub-segment risk strategy
- Define strategy for Insurance, Multi-lateral risk participation model and asset distribution.
- Engagement with Syndications team for defining and executing asset distribution strategy
- Develop a culture which understands and evaluates the constant tradeoffs between new business, risk and capital deployment.
- Tight oversight on credit portfolio for ASA Commercial Banking and conduct country portfolio reviews with SCOs and Business heads (e.g. Country Quarterly Portfolio Review)
- Keep good eye on underlying credit portfolio - monitoring concentrations, tall trees, New-to-Bank clients, tenors, collateralisation, CG mix, Industry concentration mix etc.
- Ensure there are appropriate frameworks in place so that the business is carried out within the Group's risk appetite and reputational and credit risks are appropriately managed in conjunction with direct reports and other stakeholders.
- Formalizing the Credit & Portfolio Management mandate and standardizing the risk and revenue measurements and models (where applicable) so that they can be easily communicated to the front line. This should be written with an aim to simplify and remove the redundant layers from the current processes.
- The Credit & Portfolio Management mandate should at a minimum define: (a) the future "revenue profile"; (b) incremental risk for the portfolio; (c) change/performance management (HR framework for originators and support infrastructure); (d) liquidity management (including liquidity pricing and availability across various units).
- Hedging Framework: prepare a hedging framework that aligns with the risk/ return guideline. This framework should incorporate technical considerations (eg. Availability of instruments, cash/ synthetic, individual vs. portfolio hedge decisions etc) and remain reasonably flexible for practical considerations (accounting vs economic value of exposures and how they reflect in exposure profitability internally).
- Provide oversight across the CB business, working in conjunction with country CB heads and CEOs to ensure compliance with the highest standards of regulatory conduct and compliance standards and practices as defined by internal and external requirements. This includes compliance with anti-money laundering regulations and guidelines.
- Ensure that Risk Management matters that are brought to the job-holder's attention are subject to direct remedial action and/or escalated, where appropriate to relevant committees.
- Develop and implement portfolio monitoring tools for risk management
- Conduct Quarterly portfolio reviews (including Concentration / Tall Tree Reviews) with Business & Credit
- Drive continuous improvement of the operational efficiency and effectiveness of the process to increase the consistency of global systems and processes. This should enhance the business experience by process simplification and ease of doing business which is not limited to origination, credit and distribution.
- Evaluate current data availability and integrity issues and adapt the Credit & Portfolio Management mandate for governance and resolution.
- Establish strategic objectives and related performance measurement including hedging and concentration management.
- Metrics for measuring the portfolio/ exposure keeping in view the accounting value vs economic value.
- Link with Regional Treasury and local Assets and Liability Committees (ALCOs) and thereby improve frontline visibility on funding, booking location and regulatory capital costs.
- Ensure that there is a framework for effective management of operational risks within the functionInfluence and work with stakeholders to support the delivery of the CB ASA Risk strategy in a safe and well-controlled manner and on an end-to-end basis - incorporating infrastructure requirements and building a business for growth.Lead and reinforce strategic change and develop organization alignment geared towards the overall strategic direction of the CB business to enable effective business performance.
- Provide effective leadership to the business, communicate the vision and build commitment and energy to focus on key priorities.
- Oversee a talent identification process and sponsor development activities that focus on identified high performing and high potential individuals in the Group's business to endure a high quality succession pipeline.
- Develop and reward talented people and deliver business goals by active sponsorship and leadership of people management activities.
- Lead the way on culture and values to set the appropriate tone across the business and work with colleagues to ensure people are recognised and rewarded adequately.
- Leverage the opportunity provided by Corporate Social Responsibility to enhance the Group's internal and external reputation and indirectly influence the bottom line.
- Promote the Group's brand and Here for good with clients, stakeholders and regulators.
- Perform other responsibilities assigned under Group, Country, Business or Functional policies and procedures.
- Maintain effective communication with key stakeholders, including Regional and Country CB Heads, SCOs, CEOs, and other staff.
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group's Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
Qualifications and Skills
Mandatory Bank e-Learning
* Anti Money Laundering, Counter Terrorist Financing & Sanctions
* Group Code of Conduct
* (iSAFE) Information Security Awareness for Everyone
* Reputation Risk
* Introduction to Operational Risk in Standard Chartered Bank
* Anti Bribery - Mitigating Bribery Risk
* Health, Safety and Environment
How To Apply
You can search and view current opportunities across our organisation and apply immediately by visiting www.standardchartered.com and selecting Careers. To help speed up your application, please note the following:
- You will need to log in (or register if you are visiting our careers site for the first time) before you can apply for a specific role
- Some roles may require you to undertake an online talent assessment in addition to completing the application form (to facilitate this process it is preferable that you provide us with an email address as part of your contact information)
- We will ask you about your education, career history and skills and experience, it may be helpful to have this information at hand when completing your application
It usually takes 15 - 20 minutes to complete the application form; you can save your application at any time and return to complete it at your convenience.
Diversity and Inclusion
Standard Chartered is committed to diversity and inclusion. We believe that a work environment which embraces diversity will enable us to get the best out of the broadest spectrum of people to sustain strong business performance and competitive advantage. By building an inclusive culture, each employee can develop a sense of belonging, and have the opportunity to maximise their personal potential.