- London, England, Großbritannien
- Festanstellung, Vollzeit
- 20 Sep 17
Assistant Director - Research
Standort: London, England, GroßbritannienMoody's Analytics helps capital markets and risk management professionals worldwide respond to an evolving marketplace with confidence. The company offers unique tools and best practices for measuring and managing risk through expertise and experience in credit analysis, economic research and financial risk management. By providing leading-edge software, advisory services, and research, including the proprietary analysis of Moody's Investors Service, Moody's Analytics integrates and customizes its offerings to address specific business challenges. Moody's Analytics is a subsidiary of Moody's Corporation (NYSE: MCO), which reported revenue of $3.0 billion in 2013, employs approximately 8,400 people worldwide and maintains a presence in 31 countries. Further information is available at www.moodysanalytics.com .
We trace our roots to Moody's KMV Research group, a pioneer in quantification of credit risk. We construct quantitative models that estimate default and recovery risk, price credit instruments, enable credit portfolio management, assess commercial real estate risk, and facilitate asset and liability management. Our objective is to create models that are accurate and forward-looking, yet practical, robust, and transparent.
As a Research Associate, you will have the opportunity to join our Quantitative Research team which has a rich history of providing leading edge research and thought leadership in the credit risk arena. As a part of this team, you will assist us to continue our innovation in credit risk research.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Conducting sophisticated theoretical and empirical research on measurements of credit risk, fixed income valuation, commercial real estate research, and enterprise risk management;
- Coordinating with financial researchers and data analysts on research projects;
- Providing research support to the firm's prototype implementation and software development activities;
- Assisting our marketing and client service teams and clients on the education and implementation of risk management technology;
- Present research findings to technical and non-technical audiences internally and externally.
For more information on Moody's Analytics please visit:
Our Research Group: http://www.moodysanalytics.com/Insight/Quantitative-Research.aspx
- Ph. D. in Business, Finance, Economics, or other highly quantitative field;
- Experience with statistical analysis and programming tools such as SAS, R, or Matlab;
- Experience with Compustat, CRSP or other related financial databases;
- Excellent written and communication (verbal and presentation) skills.
Other desirable qualifications:
- Experience with object oriented programming languages such as C++, C# and Java and knowledge of object oriented programming techniques.
- Experience writing SQL queries and knowledge of relational databases.
- Experience with Excel and Excel VBA.
Moody's is an essential component of the global capital markets, providing credit ratings, research, tools and analysis that contribute to transparent and integrated financial markets. Moody's Corporation (NYSE: MCO) is the parent company of Moody's Investors Service, which provides credit ratings and research covering debt instruments and securities, and Moody's Analytics, which offers leading-edge software, advisory services and research for credit and economic analysis and financial risk management. The Corporation, which reported revenue of $3.5 billion in 2015, employs approximately 10,400 people worldwide and maintains a presence in 36 countries. Further information is available at www.moodys.com.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.