Auditor – AVP/VP Level (Title based on experience)
- London, England, Großbritannien
- Befristet, Vollzeit
- BMCE BANK International Plc
- 07 Aug 17
The Internal Audit function applies a risk based approach to provide an independent, objective assurance and consulting function to effectively examine, evaluate and report on the adequacy of the internal control environment and the effectiveness of risk management and governance processes. The Internal Audit team performs a demanding role within a growing, international and complex business and technology environment. The key areas of coverage include reviews of the Investment Banking business and the applications systems supporting them.
You will be working with senior levels of business and technology management, perform and manage reviews across business controls, processes, applications, project management and software development functions, have a strong influence on control decisions and follow-up on audit recommendations. At the same time, you will have the opportunity to learn and gain an in-depth understanding of the Firm's business and a variety of technologies.
Responsibilities: (Day-to-day duties; job process; "typical day")
Audit Staff are required to supervise and carry out risk-based audits designed to review and appraise the Bank’s activities, systems and controls. This includes:
- Reviewing the effectiveness and efficiency of the various Business and 2nd lines of defence functions’, e.g. controls, processes, risk management, governance, performance reporting, etc., as well as any ad-hoc projects.
- Identifying key risks and proposing valuable improvements to the control environment and enhancements to the governance culture.
- Demonstrating a strong understanding of control requirements with a high level of enthusiasm and ability to learn and assimilate new information quickly.
- Documenting (work papers & reports) and communicating / presenting results in a clear and concise manner – both in writing and verbally.
- Proactively assessing business management's ability to implement major change initiatives and projects (e.g. new systems, regulations, businesses, etc).
- Develop relationships with business at all levels, while being able to challenge current practice and maintaining independence.
- Operate effectively within a strong team environment, working towards the Department’s goals.
- Professional accounting qualification (ACA or equivalent),
- Excellent academic record with preferably a 2.1 degree.
- Strong audit experience with one of the professional accounting firms, with at least 4-6 years proven knowledge and UK/EU experience in the investment banking division or in the internal audit department of a major financial services business.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, with clear and concise reporting abilities.
- Prepared for overseas travel (circa 15%)
- Strong understanding of investment banking business areas and their associated financial and operational risks.
- Comprehensive understanding of financial products including appropriate risk management, reporting and valuation techniques.
- Demonstrate a reasonable understanding of information systems, e.g. Databases, Application controls, technology projects, etc.
- Ability to work effectively both within a team environment and independently.
- Ability to innovate by identifying practical, realistic and cost effective solutions to address control weaknesses and operational issues.
- Ability to understand the financial, operational and business implications of the recommendations made in the context of each business area.
- Ability to communicate persuasively with senior management, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to manage time efficiently (i.e. multi-task) to deliver good quality work within agreed timelines.
- Fluent English language skills with competency in other languages an advantage, e.g. French.
- This is a 1 year fixed term contract job