Global Investment Research, Tactical Research, Team Leader, London
- London, England, Großbritannien
- Festanstellung, Vollzeit
- Goldman Sachs International
- 20 Sep 17
See job description for details
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
GLOBAL INVESTMENT RESEARCH
From macroeconomic forecasts to individual stock analysis, our team develops tools and insights to help shape investment strategies for clients and the firm. Our analysts work on client-focused research in the equity, fixed-income, currency, and commodities markets, mining big data that enters markets around the world each day to identify game-changing insights. You'll be part of a team that is intellectually curious, creative, analytical, and passionate about performing market research.
Goldman Sachs Global Investment Research division delivers value-added research to clients in the equity, fixed income, currency and commodities markets. Goldman Sachs develops global client-focused research in economics, portfolio strategy, derivatives and equity and credit securities. Our clients use these insights and investment ideas to develop their strategies. Global Investment Research produces original, fundamental research and analysis of industries, companies and economies. Our research teams continually identify and analyze financial information, strategic issues and trends that affect companies, industries and markets on a regional and global scale.
The successful candidate will be responsible for leading the European Tactical Research Group (TRG) within Equity Research. In this role, the candidate will work closely with the European Directors of Research to produce topical, cross-sector research reports which marry factor, technical and style analysis with company fundamentals. The Tactical Research Group develops and maintains GS proprietary factor model as well as a range of infrastructure used by GS sector analysts and the Directors of Research. As team leader, the successful candidate will manage a team of analysts in both London and Bengalaru, setting the strategic direction of the team and delivering commercial, actionable research reports.
- Developing actionable 'quantamental' research ideas and marketing those to our client
- Writing and publishing research reports and delivering presentations related to these themes e.g. identifying stock dislocations, performance patterns, emerging cross-sector themes
- Overseeing a team of analysts in both London and Bengaluru and managing the day-to-day workflow across the group
- Database management including oversight for GIR analyst model data.
- End-to-end responsibility for managing client requests, as well as working with clients to understand their data requirements and how we can leverage our database and infrastructure to find solutions.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
- At least 7 years+ relevant work experience (e.g. Equity Strategy or Quantitative Equity Analysis)
- Experience in managing a team preferable
- Bachelor's degree required
- Must have some programming experience (ideally in VBA, R)
- Understanding of quantitative methods, e.g. backtesting, statistical significance testing
- Solid knowledge of accounts and valuation (CFA helpful)
- Excellent Excel skills
- Experience of Bloomberg, Datastream, Factset and their Excel interfaces all beneficial
- Professional experience in equity research preferable, but not essential.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills both verbal and written with internal and external clients
- Enthusiastic self-starter willing to use their own initiative to solve problems
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2017. All rights reserved
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.