Loan Sales, Global Syndicate
- London, England, Großbritannien
- Festanstellung, Vollzeit
- Société Générale - UK
- 15 Aug 17
Loan Sales, Global Syndicate
People join for the impact they can have on us. They stay for the impact we have on them. A flatter structure offers visibility and exposure beyond that of our competitors, so you know our names, and we know yours. It's personable, human, and inspires success through passion. By encouraging open mindedness and a willingness to share ideas, we have adapted to market changes and thrived through innovation. Bringing words like “hard work” and “dedication” together with “community” and “respect” has enabled us to work collaboratively and build our future together. We call this Team Spirit and it's what makes us different. It's what makes you different.
Description of the Business Line or Department
Global Loan Sales is situated with the Global Finance part of SG Corporate and Investment Bank. There are dedicated sales teams in London/ Paris, New York and Hong Kong/ Tokyo. It has primary responsibility for placement of loan products in primary and secondary markets, working closely with Origination/ Syndicate colleagues and loan traders as necessary. As part of this it is the main point of contact for coverage of investors active in the syndicated loan markets, both from buy and sell side.
It also operates under a JV agreement with the Bank's Asset Backed Products business and as part of this activity it offers funding solutions to clients.
Summary of the key purposes of the role
• This role is a new position created to focus and maximize the interaction between the Loan Sales desk and Loan Trading teams, principally those based in London, with particular focus on the LBO market
• Managing a portfolio of investors, especially for secondary market activity
• On primary side, working with other sales colleagues to ensure origination and structuring teams are kept fully appraised of investor appetite and market developments to ensure they are strongly placed to win syndicated loans mandates for SG across a range of product types (including leveraged finance; corporate/ acquisition; project & structured; emerging market)
• Supporting senior colleagues in book running underwritten or best efforts deals led by SG where we have a physical selling role, which particular focus on EM and PAS deals. Also SSD and OtD type deals
• In addition to specific loan trading business, working closely with portfolio and loan traders to manage asset sales off portfolio. Typically this runs to several EURblns each year.
• Work closely with DCM to place corporate PP and similar products
• Work closely with ABP colleagues to position SG to structure and execute financing solutions for our investor base
Summary of responsibilities
Based in London, working as part of global team of loan sales people covering all aspects of sales of loan and loan type products in the EMEA market with close interaction with Global Loan Sales colleagues in Paris, Hong Kong, New York and Tokyo. Main responsibilities:
• Working with Loan Syndicate on liquidity mapping of primary transactions where SG is bidding/ for RISQ approval process
• Working with Loan Trading teams to originate/ execute secondary trades
• Relationship management and franchise building of a portfolio of Loan investors (each sales person has agreed Priority Coverage list) and establishing marketing plan with line manager
• Provide regular feedback on investor appetites, market conditions and structures to Loan Syndications platform and, with them, to relevant internal contacts
• Provide input to Loan Syndicate on structure, pricing, investor selection and distribution strategy for Loans to be arranged or underwritten by SG
• Execute sell down process for transactions where SG is bookrunner and ensure regular syndication reports are accurate and circulated internally and externally
• Responsible for secondary market activity supporting the Bank's balance sheet sell down as well as various SG trading platforms. An important part of the role will be providing trading ideas & views to colleagues on the Loan Trading desk, be they back-to-back or recommendations to take positions
• Working with ABP and other colleagues to ensure their product offering is marketed to designated investor base
• Ensure that the professional image of SG's distribution business in the loan market is maintained at all times
• ensure SG risk limits, compliance, operational procedures are followed & understood with rigor
• primary and secondary team pnl targets together with certain individual revenue/ coverage targets
• Attend investor meetings to ensure SG maintains an active market presence.
• Represent loan sales at relevant internal meetings with Syndicate, Origination, Risk, senior management. Meetings vary between weekly and quarterly.
• Ensure all relevant counterparty limits, including KYC etc controls, are validated before entering any transactions are entered into.
Level of autonomy and authority
The responsibilities above mentioned require a high degree of autonomy although working closely with senior colleagues including regional Head of Loan Syndicate, Global Head of Loan Sales and Loan Trading colleagues
• Proactive approach to both primary and secondary/ trading sales opportunities
• Ability to work calmly in pressurized situations and to prioritise tasks
• Ability to work autonomously although within active team environment
• Transparency, team spirit and strong work ethics key
• Strong communication skills for dealing with both internal colleagues and clients
• Background in Loans and good knowledge of other Capital Market Products (CDS, Swaps…) is beneficial
• Experience in credit analysis and legal documentation is also a core requirement
Ideally some experience in either GLFI type or RISQ/ credit environment to provide solid background of credit and products which are being sold off desk.
Degree level education required.
Fluent business English essential. French or other language skills a significant benefit
If you feel you have the required experience and qualifications, then please apply to the SG Resourcing Team, and we will manage your application. At Societe Generale, we believe our people are our strength and are core to the success of our business. As such, we search for, recruit and appoint the best available person on the basis of aptitude and ability, regardless of sex, marital or civil partnership status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origins, pregnancy, disability, age, sexual orientation, religion, belief or gender reassignment.