Production Support Analyst
- London, England, Großbritannien
- Festanstellung, Vollzeit
- BGC Partners
- 18 Sep 17
BGC Partners' is looking for an experienced Production Support Analyst to join the growing, trading floor based Production Support Team.
Main purpose of the role:
The Production Support group provides second level support to all of the Front Office Trading applications used by our customers supporting the whole front to back life cycle across all Asset classes for all of the BGC and GFI brands. Production Support is a Global Operation with staff in the Asia, EMEA and Americas regions.
- BGC/GFI/RP Martin/Mint Trading Application Support
- Monitoring off the Components of the Trading platforms across all Asset Classes
- Upgrade Projects – Planning and Implementation
- Representing Support group at Change management meetings
- Maintenance of the Beta environment’s
- Communication and co-operation with customers both in and off site
- Evaluation of efficiency of current monitoring of components
- Documentation of existing and future components and systems
- Integration projects – GFI/BGC technology
- Working with development to ensure efficient and complete handover of new systems and enhancements to Support
- Efficient communication of outages to business and customers
- Reporting and regulatory requirements
- Ensuring Operation risks are identified and gaps closed
- Ensuring all staff receive necessary training.
- Motivation and leadership of staff members
- Prioritisation of issues
- Our aim is to deal with all client issues/problems from original contact through to final resolution.
Skills / experience required:
- Previous experience supporting electronic trading systems and trade capture.
- Ability to deliver and understand the importance of customer service excellence, face to face and by telephone.
- Good knowledge of Financial Markets (Fixed Income, Foreign Exchange, Derivatives, Futures.)
- Meeting BGC users with sales representatives. Must be technically aware and have strong communication and interpersonal skills to deal with and manage people a variety of people.
- Liaising and meeting with customer IT contacts including internal customers as well as major financial institutions.
- Good understanding of Network Connectivity.
- Strong Unix admin skills.
- Good understanding of FIX Protocol
- Experience of High Frequency trading
- Exchange connectivity experience
- Understanding of STP trade flows (RTNS, Icelink, ION, Markitwire etc)
- Knowledge of Citrix is very desirable
- Good working understanding of Windows and associated suites.
This is a Support position in the Production Support team based in the London office. The candidate will be required to become familiar with the BGC technologies and bring ideas on how things can be improved.
Good time management skills required and the ability to work independently is important. First class communication skills at all levels from Junior to Board level are essential.
Flexibility and dedication is needed to provide the ultimate customer service to all sectors of our client base. We work shifts but someone who is going to be clock watching isn’t going to fit.
The candidate needs to be able to react calmly and quickly in what is often a volatile environment with demanding customers.