Project Manager - Global Workforce Strategy
- London, England, Großbritannien
- Festanstellung, Vollzeit
- Morgan Stanley
- 27 Feb 17
Morgan Stanley are looking to hire an experience PMO/Project manager to join the Global Workforce Strategy team with Corporate Services, focussing on the Firm’s Deployment (Off-shoring/Outsourcing) Strategy.
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
Corporate Services provides a vast array of functions that keep Morgan Stanley working efficiently. Whether booking airline tickets, ordering business cards, or preparing a presentation, employees rely on Corporate Services for the support they need. Its units provide everything from cell phones to video and audio conferencing, mail, copier and fax services, desktop publishing, website design, print materials, and gift items. Corporate Services negotiates service contracts, procures supplies, manages our offices, power and plumbing, our cafeterias and catering, not to mention managing large-scale architectural and construction projects.
The Global Workforce Strategy (GWS) team is an internal team that helps business units think strategically about HOW (Employee v. Vendor) and WHERE (CBD, Near Shore, Far Shore) their business or operation should be staffed and located. GWS works with key stakeholders in identifying opportunities in Morgan Stanley’s metro sites to transition roles to offshore and near-shore sites and to execute on these plans in the most efficient way, all aligned to the Firm’s long term growth strategy.
The GWS Global Transition Management Team is a project team which focuses on the Firm’s Deployment (Off-shoring/Outsourcing) Strategy. This group primarily project manages deployments on behalf of Firmwide Business Units to Morgan Stanley’s Global in-house Centres (GIC), and to 3rd party vendors. These GIC’s include: Baltimore, Budapest, Glasgow, Mumbai, and Singapore.
This group is responsible for centrally maintaining the global project plan, managing the day-to-day running of each transition as well as providing advisory services for any issues or queries the transition managers may have. Cross divisional interaction is key to ensuring a successful transition.
- Working with key global clients as an expert in the transition process to project manage global deployments with all business units across the firm. Work with the sending/receiving management teams to ensure all transition steps are successfully completed
- Build relationships across the firm with supporting functions, including Operations, Tech and Data, Finance, HR, Corporate Services, Legal & Compliance, and leverage these relationships to resolve issues in order to ensure seamless transition
- Establish the project management tools and processes for each transition, including setting up and chairing the appropriate project governance meetings
- Shows strong emphasis towards data integrity to track and report progress of each transition under management, to plan appropriately whilst ensuring risks and issues are identified, escalated and resolved
- Shepherd CRTs through the documentation process, routing documents amongst the Stakeholder groups (Legal, Compliance, Tax, BCM, and BU’s).
- Provide project management support for the entire lifecycle of a Transition , ensuring that all Legal and project related deliverables are met, and project status reporting is implemented.
- Drives forward GWS group goals, including process improvements and development of GWS project management toolset.
Skills required (essential)
- Strong Project Management skillset
- Experience of managing multiple global projects concurrently
- Strong interest / understanding in Outsourcing and Offshoring
- Ability to escalate project delays proactively
- Strong attention to detail, communication and organisational skills
- Ability to work autonomously under pressure to meet tight deadlines
- Strong system skills in Excel
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Ability to identify and lead process improvements with a view to rolling out across multiple projects
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximise their full potential. Our skilled and creative workforce is comprised of individuals drawn from a broad cross section of the global communities in which we operate and who reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives and experiences. Our strong commitment to a culture of inclusion is evident through our constant focus on recruiting, developing and advancing individuals based on their skills and talents.