Senior Associate, Aviation Finance
Due to growth, we are looking for a motivated Senior Associate to support the delivery of Aviation finance products.
Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group (MUFG) is one of the world’s leading financial groups. Headquartered in Tokyo and with approximately 350 years of history, MUFG is a global network with 1100 offices in over 40 countries. The Group has over 140,000 employees and about 300 entities offering services including commercial banking, trust banking, securities, credit cards, consumer finance, asset management and leasing.
This is a key role within the Aviation Finance team to help us execute business with its clients and position MUFG as a leading Aviation financing bank.
Your reponsibilities will include but not be limited to the following.
- Assist in arranging, structuring and executing aviation finance transactions and other related Structured Finance transactions
- Participate where relevant in the assessment and authorisation process – including preparing credit papers and updating key financial/credit/client systems
- Maintain the highest standards of credit and underwriting risk management and stewardship
- Assist in developing and maintaining a strong network of partnership with the relationship teams, other product areas, and support functions within MUFG in order to effectively grow and sustain the franchise
- Ensure that transaction structures are market-leading, sound and appropriately negotiated and documented
We are looking for candidates with the following.
- Degree educated from a recognised institution with relevant industry knowledge
- A minimum of 2 years experience in credit analysis, risk management and financial modelling
- Product knowledge and experience in Aviation, i.e. the airline industry, operating lessors and/or aircraft/engines including market and legal aspects would be strongly preferred
- Understanding of the broader product set in order to facilitate cross-sell
- Ability to work effectively and engage with the client coverage teams and other product groups
- Ability to work on own and in team and prioritise without direction
- Flexible, positive and tenacious attitude
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written) with the ability to build credible relationships at all levels
- Accurate with excellent attention to detail
Please note that due to high volume of responses, we will contact only successful candidates within a week of application.
Bank of Tokyo-Mitsubishi UFJ, London branch (a member of MUFG, a global financial group) is committed to embracing diversity and building an inclusive culture where all employees are valued, respected and their opinions count. We support the principles of equality, diversity and inclusion in recruitment and employment, and oppose all forms of discrimination on the grounds of age, sex, gender, sexual orientation, disability, pregnancy and maternity, race, gender reassignment, religion or belief and marriage or civil partnership.
We make our recruitment decisions in a non-discriminatory manner in accordance with our commitment to identifying the right skills for the right role and our obligations under the law.