Senior Associate, Portfolio Managment (Structured Finance)
Due to an internal move, we are looking for an experienced Associate to support the delivery of Structured Finance products within EMEA. You will help manage a portfolio of relatively straight forward project finance assets and undertake required credit monitoring activities across a variety of sub sectors including Energy, Natural Resources, Infrastructure, Social Housing and Aviation.
Your responsibilities will include but not be limited to the following:
- Maintaining the highest standards of credit risk / portfolio monitoring via ad hoc, semi annual and annual credit reviews on a timely basis.
- Dealing with client requests via related waivers / consents via Senior Management / London Credit Function.
- Identifying potential business opportunities from within the existing portfolio and assisting new business initiatives as required, including the refinancing of existing assets.
- Supporting Agency, Security Trustee and Account Bank activities.
- Developing and maintaining a strong network with the relationship teams, other product areas and support functions within MUFG, in order to effectively grow and sustain the franchise.
- Performing administrative functions in an efficient and responsive manner to manage legal and operational risks and to assist the overall efficiency of the unit and to enhance the Bank's reputation externally.
- Assisting with the smooth transfer of new assets from new business team members to Portfolio & Asset Management.
- Perform Agency role in efficient and responsive manner to avoid/manage legal and operational risks and enhance the Bank's reputation.
- Working with colleagues in Credit to ensure an effective dialogue on risk related issues and to maintain a culture of co-operation.
Success in this role will require the following:
- Degree level education or equivalent and relevant industry knowledge.
- Specific sector knowledge in Project Finance including Energy, Natural Resources & / or Infrastructure (PFI/PPP) Social Housing and Transportation (Aviation) with formal credit / portfolio experience in a Project Finance / Structured Finance environment.
- Training will be given for the bespoke Internal Rating systems.
- Ability to work on own and in team, with the ability to prioritise without direction. Flexible, positive and tenacious with excellant communication skills (verbal and written) coupled with attention to detail / accuracy.
- Knowledge of the various industries and asset classes with Project Finance, together with good corporate analysis skills with a broad understanding of Infrastructure / Project Finance.
Please note that due to high volume of responses, we will contact only successful candidates within a week of application.
Bank of Tokyo-Mitsubishi UFJ, London branch (a member of MUFG, a global financial group) is committed to embracing diversity and building an inclusive culture where all employees are valued, respected and their opinions count. We support the principles of equality, diversity and inclusion in recruitment and employment, and oppose all forms of discrimination on the grounds of age, sex, gender, sexual orientation, disability, pregnancy and maternity, race, gender reassignment, religion or belief and marriage or civil partnership.
We make our recruitment decisions in a non-discriminatory manner in accordance with our commitment to identifying the right skills for the right role and our obligations under the law.