This position has responsibility to support the UBS Global Real Estate US - Hartford Valuation team and its activities. Specific responsibilities include:
• Oversee and review appraisals for an assigned portfolio of real estate investments, including communication with and supervision of appraisal review services provided by a third-party appraisal review firm. Meet high quality appraisal review and reporting standards.
• Provide training and guidance to third-party appraisal firms on UBS Realty appraisal process and standards. Monitor and report on appraisal process and compliance with established UBS Realty timing and procedures.
• Coordinate collection and distribution of property information for quarterly appraisal assignments.
• Complete information requests for independent or internal auditors. Handle ad hoc reporting requests.
• Participate in the design, implementation, and maintenance and distribution of appraisal information reports.
• Participate on real estate acquisition due diligence teams. Provide appraisal assistance to asset management or portfolio management, as necessary, on assigned investments.
• Coordinate centralized valuation functions impacting all real estate investments, such as updating management information systems, preparing appraisal engagement information, maintaining centralized work files and managing collection of appraisal files and appraisal reports.
• Work with accounting to deliver final valuation results.
• Work independently to research information, compile and analyze data, and prepare and reconcile quarterly appraisal reports.
• Prepare information for and participate in quarterly Valuation Information Review meetings or other meetings, as necessary.
Your experience and skills
•Strong analytical and computer skills.
•Solid understanding of real estate valuation techniques with experience in Argus Asset Management (f/k/a DYNA), Argus Valuation, Excel, Word and other programs preferred.
•Given quarter-end reporting pressure, strong time management skills and efficient utilization of technology.
•Strong team coordination with asset management, accounting, portfolio management, the valuation consulting firm, and the independent appraisers requires good oral and written communication skills.
•Occasional travel to inspect the assigned portfolio of investments and represent the UBS Realty valuation function at various trade associations (e.g. NCREIF).
•Bachelor's degree with emphasis on real estate, economics or finance. Advanced appraisal coursework toward MAI professional designation or equivalent work experience is desired.
What we offer
Together. That's how we do things. We offer talented people around the world a supportive, stimulating and diverse working environment. We'll value your passion and commitment. And reward your performance.
Take the next step
Are you truly collaborative? Succeeding at UBS means respecting, understanding and trusting colleagues and clients. Challenging others and being challenged in return. Being passionate about what you do. Driving yourself forward, always wanting to do things the right way. Does that sound like you? Then you have the right stuff to join us. Apply now.