Stars Data Analytics Consultant
- Jacksonville, FL, USA
- Festanstellung, Vollzeit
- Florida Blue
- 24 Aug 17
This position is accountable for identifying and quantifying key drivers for the Medicare Stars rating program, investigating areas of opportunity, evaluating effectiveness and making recommendations.
This position is accountable for identifying and quantifying key drivers for the Medicare Stars rating program, investigating areas of opportunity, evaluating effectiveness and making recommendations. The Stars Analytics Consultant is relied upon to apply business knowledge to Medicare Analytics projects and provide value-added insights to directly impact business outcomes. As an Analytics Consultant, you will work directly with internal customers to help guide Florida Blue's decision makers (executives to front-line leaders) to maximize clinical effectiveness, enhance quality of care, and minimize waste and variability within the healthcare delivery system using your consulting, analytics and problem solving skills. This role is also a leadership position, one that will develop and provide training/guidance to other junior associates.
Essential Job Functions
- Provides analytic expertise in Medicare STAR analytics to support effective outcome and population support for the business.
- Ongoing engagement in CMS publications/announcements to evaluate & provide strategic guidance in Stars methodology changes and impacts to operational strategy
- Responsible for maintaining and forecasting Enterprise Star Ratings
- Manipulate data using large datasets and multiple data sources
- Analyze or assist in the analysis of processes and programs in achieving stated goals. Provide analyses and recommendations if corrections are needed. Investigates and discovers areas of opportunity
- Monitor and evaluate patterns, costs and trends
- Write SAS and/or SQL programs for data extraction. Modifies existing programs for data extraction
- Accountable for developing insightful and actionable summaries and recommending actions
- Train team members on analytical tools and techniques. Provide guidance and review work of team members.
Minimum Job Requirements
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent
- 6+ years of data analysis experience or equivalent combination of transferrable experience and education.
- Experience using algorithms and inferential statistics.
- Experience with Clinical Analytics and/or Medicare Analytics
- Advanced level experience writing SQL /SAS or related code
- Advanced Excel skills
- Experience with health business
- Proficient with Microsoft Office products
- Ability to manage tasks independently, take ownership of responsibilities and meet deadlines
- High critical thinking skills to evaluate alternatives and present solutions that are consistent with business objectives and strategy
- Demonstrated leadership abilities including effective knowledge sharing and conflict resolution
- Mastery of communicating highly complex information clearly and articulately for all levels and audiences
- Bachelors degree in Business Analytics, Health Economics or similar program
- Strong understanding of the Quality Star program as defined by CMS.
- Strong understanding of Medicare Advantage Health Plans.