Finance Analytics Consultant
- Chicago, IL, USA
- Festanstellung, Vollzeit
- Allstate Insurance
- 18 Sep 17
Financial Analytics Consultant
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can’t be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You’ll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers’ lives. We’ll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you’ll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you’ll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
The Finance Analytics job family works across multiple areas to provide critical information that drives optimal business performance. We recommend creative solutions that guide strategies and improve operational results. The Finance Advanced Analytics Team uses techniques across many disciplines – including mathematics/statistics, computer programming, data engineering and ETL, and predictive modeling in order to provide insights into the business and develop fact-based analysis.
This position uses highly advanced data analytic skills and methods to provide financial insights to leadership that enable Allstate to generate profitable market share growth. This role will also lead large, complex projects.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Provide insightful, actionable analysis using in-depth knowledge of insurance and finance issues, demonstrating expertise in accessing and applying data relevant to the issue, and demonstrating expertise with the relevant software tools
- Use and coach others on a variety of tools and languages to achieve results (e.g. SAS, R, Tableau, SQL, Cloudera Hadoop), and assess and recommend additional languages and tools that can bring efficiencies or needed techniques to the team
- Utilize a multidisciplinary approach to Data Analytic problems combining technical expertise with analytics and broad business experience
- Use technical expertise to build and manipulate data sets that enable both the team and the Finance community to explore, understand, and analyze the data
- Use large datasets to investigate and answer business questions with a deep understanding of the complex financial drivers of business results
- Develop creative approaches to solving business problems and demonstrate flexible, out-of-the-box thinking
- Communicate complex ideas and findings clearly and concisely to a broad audience and ensure understanding of technical matters by non-technical decision makers
- Collaborate with others to improve the effectiveness of business decisions and lead projects with minimal management oversight
- Act as a resource for the team on tools and languages
- Understand the business’ problems and propose custom solutions for analyzing and solving these problems as well as the short-term and long-term implications
- Provide thought leadership on a variety of topics and coach less tenured team members
- Use experience, knowledge, innovation, and judgment to make decisions and recommend solutions based on incomplete information
- Degree in a quantitative field such as statistics, mathematics, computer science, economics, finance
- Master’s degree in quantitative field and experience in predictive modeling is preferred
- 5+ years’ experience in managing, manipulating and analyzing large, complex datasets incorporating expertise in techniques
- 4+ years’ experience analyzing and interpreting complex data and concepts
- 3+ years’ experience using visualization tools such as Tableau
- 3+ years’ experience with SQL and statistical software such as SAS or R
- 3+ years’ experience with Cloudera Hadoop or UNIX
- 2+ years’ experience with programming languages such as Python
- 2+ years’ experience leading data analytics projects
- Understanding of the Insurance market place and economics strongly preferred
- Demonstrated analytic agility and intellectual curiosity
- Ability to provide written and oral interpretations of specialized terms and data, and ability to present this data in a compelling way to a mixed audience
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that’s just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you’ll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on http://jb.al.st/BWGk6 Twitter, http://jb.al.st/BWGka Facebook, http://jb.al.st/BWGlO Instagram and https://www.linkedin.com/company/allstate/careers LinkedIn or watch a http://jb.al.st/BWGpG video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please see the notice regarding the http://adtrk.tw/7nKLw San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please seethe notice regarding thehttp://adtrk.tw/7nKLw Los Angeles Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.