Assistant Vice President - Domestic Securities Lending Operations
- Jersey City, NJ, USA
- Vollzeit, Festanstellung
- BNP Paribas
- 14 Aug 17
Domestic Stock Loan and Settlements support the SLAB desk, Prime brokerage, and the BNP Execution desk in facilitating settlement and risk management of securities lending and customer transactions in the US market. Primary responsibility is for settlement of domestic borrows and loan transactions, contract maintenance and managing the operational risk associated with the business.
Perform all daily settlement tasks.
- This includes, but is not limited to settlement of stock loan and borrows transactions, mark to the markets, contract compare, corporate action adjustments, end of day balancing BONY, DTC and OCC related to Borrow/Loans and daily reconciliations.
- Approval of daily LAMS marks in DTC
- Daily return processing across platforms
- Monitoring & resolution of breaks and suspense items
- Internal reporting of transaction breaks, funding requirements and KPI’s
- Process dividend , corporate action adjustments
- Daily Monitoring DTC activity
- Daily monitoring of Loaned for DK’s, exceptions and unmatched items
- Process rate changes per the desk instructions
- Daily balancing of DTCC to LoaNet for multiple PBI platforms
- Daily monitoring and resolution of contract compare breaks
- Confirm and send MTM’s with external counterparties
- Monitor and complete daily Contract consolidation, pair offs and reversal of free drops
- Process and escalation of 204 buy in by open of the market
- Monitor non 204 buy ins and potential buy ins ( process returns when necessary )
- Ensure all deficits are being addressed and resolved
- Process and monitor all incoming recalls and report back to sales desk
- Send daily CNS hard to borrow needs to 2154 to sales desk and recall in Falcon
- Process daily reconciliation of recalls across all platforms
- Process daily returns across platforms
- Risk identification and mitigation
- Customer support
- Systems input and processing
Minimum Required Qualifications:
- At least 5 years’ experience in Domestic Securities Lending or Settlements Operations.
- Bachelors from accredited university
- Ability to work as part of a team in a fast paced operations environment.
- Adequate understanding of operational processes and risks and the ability to escalate concerns.
- Fundamental understanding of securities industry as it relates to the following:
- Domestic settlement and securities lending practices
- Broadridge BPS
- Detailed knowledge of Domestic Securities Lending
- Experience using Equilend or Pirum
- Experiences in both cash and non-cash securities lending settlements and mark to market.
FINRA Registrations Required:
- Not Applicable