Senior Manager, Governance & Projects
- Standort: Manhattan, NY, USA
- Gehalt: Negotiable
- Art des Jobangebots: Vollzeit
Please view Job Description for details.* Support the development and annual refresh of the US / Americas strategy.
* Work with CEO America's office, business segment heads and product heads to develop segment / product strategy in support of the overall America strategy.
* Analyze and track progress against business strategic initiatives throughout the year, providing updates and reporting to relevant Americas senior management forums.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
* Day to day responsibility for management of Client Experience Framework for the Americas working with Head of Governance / Strategy. This includes: responsibility for driving the monthly Americas Client Experience Forum; tracking progress against operational improvement initiatives; working with business and functional stakeholders to improve processes; building out the MI framework; etc
* Manage process to update all Country Engagement Rules (20+ plans - formerly Non Presence Country Plans) within the Americas, leading a cross functional team across Coverage, product, legal, compliance, tax and other relevant stakeholders.
* Responsibility for oversight and reporting on the Americas entity environment in line with the requirements of the subsidiary governance policy. This includes 6 monthly reporting to the CEO, Americas and relevant governance forums
* Maintain database for all entities incorporated in the region, tracking critical information such as subsidiary governance policy category, company status, principal business activity, responsible person and accountable executive. Ensure all information is up to date in Blueprint
* Responsibility for oversight and reporting under the Americas Change governance framework. Includes review, challenge and tracking of significant projects in the Americas such that they deliver their intended benefits and are appropriately handed over into BAU upon project completion.
* Oversight of the requirements listed in the Geographic Governance guidelines, including but not limited to the small country governance framework. Liaise with teams in Latin America to ensure requirements are met.
Processes and Projects
* Support global projects rolled out from the Group COO function requiring implementation in country.
* Support the Europe and Americas COO operating agenda providing project management and implementation support for critical projects as required.
* Provide project management support for Regulatory Reform initiatives in the Americas as required.
Regulatory & Business Conduct
* Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group's Values and Code of Conduct.
* Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
* Support the outcomes set out in the Bank's Conduct Principles:
* Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor degree in Banking/ Finance/ Business Management preferred
- 7-10 years in Banking or Financial Services
- Experience in business process improvement and project management
- Experience in risk management and governance
How To Apply
You can search and view current opportunities across our organisation and apply immediately by visiting www.standardchartered.com and selecting Careers. To help speed up your application, please note the following:
- You will need to log in (or register if you are visiting our careers site for the first time) before you can apply for a specific role
- Some roles may require you to undertake an online talent assessment in addition to completing the application form (to facilitate this process it is preferable that you provide us with an email address as part of your contact information)
- We will ask you about your education, career history and skills and experience, it may be helpful to have this information at hand when completing your application
It usually takes 15 - 20 minutes to complete the application form; you can save your application at any time and return to complete it at your convenience.
Diversity and Inclusion
Standard Chartered is committed to diversity and inclusion. We believe that a work environment which embraces diversity will enable us to get the best out of the broadest spectrum of people to sustain strong business performance and competitive advantage. By building an inclusive culture, each employee can develop a sense of belonging, and have the opportunity to maximise their personal potential.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Standard Chartered is an equal opportunity employer. We have a meritocratic culture where each individual employee is valued and respected for who they are as a person and for what they bring to the organisation.