Credit Product - Financial Institutions Group, Analyst
Analyst, Credit Product - Financial Institutions Summary Under direction of senior staff, manage and monitor credit portfolio Financial Institutions accounts, perform credit analysis and risk assessment of existing and prospective clients and counterparties. Principal Duties and Responsibilities General Responsibilities: * Prepare credit applications, including in-depth
Analyst, Credit Product - Financial Institutions
Under direction of senior staff, manage and monitor credit portfolio Financial Institutions accounts, perform credit analysis and risk assessment of existing and prospective clients and counterparties.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Prepare credit applications, including in-depth credit analysis, rating sheets, relationship return analysis and any other requested or required forms or information needed to complete a proper assessment of the customer/transaction
- In-depth credit analysis should include historical financial analysis, industry and market analysis, peer analysis, transaction analysis (i.e. structure issues, collateral, etc.), and financial modeling (as required)
- The application should identify the major trends, issues, risks, strengths and weaknesses of the sector/customer/transaction, along with a complete assessment and recommendation
- Review and/or preparation of legal documents in conjunction with the Legal Department or outside counsel
- Prepare marketing materials and proposals (as required)
- Respond to various customer requests
- Support senior staff in identifying opportunities to structure and originate appropriate credit product solutions for the Bank’s clients and prospects
- Contact agent banks to seek information
- Monitor all customers, with publicly available information, on a daily basis according to the monitoring policy of the Division
- Monitor and report on any changes in industry/market trends
- Evaluate customers/transactions/markets for changes in risk under the guidance of senior staffs
- Complete risk rating review for each customer/transaction as required
- Collect and review financial statements, covenant compliance statements and other required information, on a timely basis
- Ensure covenants are adhered to and that all required customer information is obtained in a timely manner
- Assist and coordinate booking requests and other administrative functions with the Loan Administration Group of the Division, and Middle and Back Office
- Assist Team Leader and senior staffs with other administrative duties within the team, as assigned
- Four-year college degree in Accounting, Business, Finance or Economics or strong quantitative background
- Formalized Credit Training (preferred) from an accredited financial institution
- 1-3 years credit experience in a financial institution/rating agency (financial sector coverage experience preferred)
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Strong PC skills, including knowledge of MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Good interpersonal skills and a team oriented person
Mizuho Bank Ltd. offers a competitive total rewards package.
We are an EEO/AA Employer - M/F/Disability/Veteran.
We participate in the E-Verify program.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
Mizuho Americas is a leading financial institution that offers clients award-winning strategic and creative solutions in corporate and investment banking, financing, securities, treasury services, asset management, research and more. We have experts in offices throughout the US, Canada, Mexico, Brazil and Chile. Our operations in the Americas connect our broad client base of major corporations, financial institutions and public sector entities to local markets and the vast global network of our parent company—Mizuho Financial Group.
Mizuho Financial Group is one of the largest financial institutions in the world, offering comprehensive financial and strategic services including private banking and venture capital through its subsidiaries. Based in Japan, the group has over 56,000 professionals working in 920 offices in nearly 40 countries throughout Asia, EMEA, and the Americas. As of March 31, 2016 its total assets were $1.8 trillion.