Financial Services - Variable Products Call Center Manager
- New York City, NY, USA
- Festanstellung, Vollzeit
- New York Life Insurance Company
- 19 Aug 17
Financial Services - Variable Products Call Center Manager
New York Life Insurance Company ("New York Life" or "the company") is the largest mutual life insurance company in the United States*. Founded in 1845, New York Life is headquartered in New York City, maintains offices in all fifty states, and owns Seguros Monterrey New York Life in Mexico.
New York Life is one of the most financially strong and highly capitalized insurers in the business. The company reported 2016 operating earnings of $1.954 billion. Total assets under management at year end 2016, with affiliates, totaled $538 billion. As of year-end 2016, New York Life's surplus was $23.336 billion**. New York Life holds the highest possible financial strength ratings currently awarded to any life insurer from all four of the major ratings agencies: A.M. Best, A++; Fitch AAA; Moody's Aaa; Standard & Poor's AA+. (Source: Individual Third Party Ratings Report as of 8/17/16).
Financial strength, integrity and humanity-the values upon which New York Life was founded-have guided the company's decisions and actions for over 170 years.
The Variable Products Call Center Manager is responsible for overseeing day to day handling of all call center activities including inbound calls from NY Life agents, and their staff, our policy holders and our Field Offices.
- Oversee the management, coaching, and development to a team of 10 - 15 Service Professionals
- Manage staffing, work schedules and monitoring of multiple call queues to ensure that department standards and company guidelines are met
- Conduct and perform quality monitoring, calibration sessions and coaching feedback to each individual team member.
- Review procedures and implement changes to procedures as specified by the department, regulatory or audit authorities
- Demonstrate advance knowledge of NYL products, processes and guidelines to ensure compliance and strong customer satisfaction results
- Respond to customer inquiries or complaints. Manage call escalations from clients and agents related to all service requests
- Analyze call volume data and forecasting to appropriately staff team to meet service level goals
- Handle all stretch projects assigned by Manager and assume back up duties of the Manager as needed
- Consistently demonstrate a positive and strong leadership role by creating a positive work environment, recognition program, and engaging & empowering team members consistently, fairly and with integrity
- Bachelor's Degree - Finance or Business discipline preferred or equivalent work experience
- A minimum of 3 years of experience managing a call center preferred
- A minimum of 3 years of experience managing real-time monitoring of call center agents to monitor productivity, metrics, employee demeanor, technical accuracy, and conformity to company policies
- Strong knowledge of variable products, investment products and life insurance
- FINRA Series 6, or 7 is required (or the ability to obtain within 6 months of hire)
- Industry recognized courses and designations (ie. like LOMA but not limited to).Certifications (ie. Call Center Associate Certification)and other relative activities highly preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills along with listening skills
- Positive, customer focused attitude with a desire to exceed customer expectations, as well as develop team members
- Strong technical and analytical skills required (Proficient PC skills including Word, Excel, Lotus Notes with the ability to navigate multiple applications)
- Development of departmental objectives for the team to ensure task completion; coordinates work activities with other supervisors
- A foundational understanding of continuous improvement principles
Training & Development:
The Variable Products Call Center Manager will undergo a comprehensive on the job training environment to learn about the insurance industry, product and policy provisions and transaction processing. Coaching and feedback is provided to help you gain the necessary skills to be successful.
This is a full-time position Monday through Friday. Candidates should be flexible to work any shift between 7:30 am - 7:00 pm during the work week
Competitive base salary, plus bonus eligibility
Paid Vacation, Health Care, 401K match, Pension Plan, Tuition Assistance, Flexible Spending Accounts
New York Life offers a variety of corporate opportunities within the Service Organization, including management, quality control, training, underwriting and claims.
If you have difficulty using or interacting with any portions of this Web site due to incompatibility with an Assistive Technology, if you need the information in an alternative format, or if you have suggestions on how we can make this site more accessible, please contact us at: (212) 576-5811.
* Based on revenue as reported by "Fortune 500, ranked within Industries, Insurance: Life, Health (Mutual)," Fortune Magazine, June 17, 2016. See http://fortune.com/fortune500/ for methodology.
** Total surplus, which includes the Asset Valuation Reserve, is one of the key indicators of the company's long-term financial strength and stability and is presented on a consolidated basis of the company.
1. Operating earnings is the key measure use by management to track Company's profitability from ongoing operations and underlying profitability of the business. This indicator is based on generally accepted accounting principles in the US (GAAP), with certain adjustments Company believes to be appropriate as a measurement approach (non GAAP), primarily the removal of gains or losses on investments and related adjustments.
2. Assets under management represent Consolidated Domestic and International insurance Company Statutory assets (cash and invested assets and separate account assets) and third party assets principally managed by New York Life Investment management Holdings LLC, a wholly owned subsidiary of New York Life Insurance Company.