Project Finance - Power & Infrastructure, Managing Director
SUMMARY: * Promote, originate, structure, engineer, execute, monitor and administer project financing transactions for Power & Infrastructure projects. * Responsible for associated internal credit, research, and administrative functions. * Cross sell Mizuho’s financial products as a Relationship Manager. * Communicate and partner with other divisions
- Promote, originate, structure, engineer, execute, monitor and administer project financing transactions for Power & Infrastructure projects.
- Responsible for associated internal credit, research, and administrative functions.
- Cross sell Mizuho’s financial products as a Relationship Manager.
- Communicate and partner with other divisions and groups within Mizuho, especially Mizuho Securities USA, the Syndicated Finance Unit and the Credit Division, and also with Mizuho offices worldwide.
- Provide Project Finance debt capital markets, debt and financial advisory solutions.
- Responsibilities include the Americas overall, both North & South America.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Independently perform the above function.
- The assignment will involve: preparation of marketing materials and proposals, calling on clients, attending bank meetings, making presentations, negotiating for mandates, reviewing legal documents and negotiating with clients, structuring transactions, research work, analysis of existing or potential transactions and/or industries, analyzing various risks and preparing credit applications and the development of cash flow models.
- Origination of transactions and client service are of greatest importance.
- Develop business strategies.
- Make direct marketing calls on customers
- Originate new power and infrastructure project finance opportunities including; i) DCM, ii) financial advisory, iii), arranging, advising and lending.
- Perform the necessary research and analytics (including financial statement analysis and cash flow modeling) required for the above.
- Perform execution of arranger, agent and FA work.
- Prepare credit applications and other internal documents as well as obtain appropriate internal approval for the group to develop power and infrastructure project finance transactions.
- Cross-sell other Mizuho financial services, including, but not limited to: DCM, advisory, Deposits, Derivatives, and others.
- Manage and train staff assigned to the power and infrastructure team, including i) day to day supervision, ii) career development support, iii) preparation of periodic performance reviews.
- Establish and follow up on the group’s business plan.
- Collaborate with other Team Leaders in Americas Financial Products Department and/or other departments and divisions to establish a business strategy for power and infrastructure accounts.
- Supervise the preparation of marketing materials, credit applications, and legal documents.
- Assist management on internal administrative matters.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Ad-hoc, as required by division management.
4) Technical Skills
- Required Development of working knowledge of internal systems, eg CDM, CCDB, ACBS in short order. Strong abilities on external software applications, eg Excel are critical for success. Equally important are good analytical and research skills and particularly financial modeling skills. Strong documentation and negotiation skills.
5) Management Responsibilities
- Candidate is expected to manage and develop staff on Team 2 to be able to execute the business strategy for the Power and Infrastructure Team and the Project Finance Department overall.
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS OR EXPERIENCE:
- MBA, MS or LLM degree with a strong quantitative background, or other relevant work experience.
- Minimum 10 or more years experience in Project Finance with a focus on power and infrastructure.
- 5 or more years credit experience in a commercial bank.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Advanced skills in Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Series 79/63 licenses.
- The position may require a significant time commitment, including working long hours and weekends as needed.
Mizuho Bank Ltd. offers a competitive total rewards package.
We are an EEO/AA Employer - M/F/Disability/Veteran.
We participate in the E-Verify program.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
Mizuho Americas is a leading financial institution that offers clients award-winning strategic and creative solutions in corporate and investment banking, financing, securities, treasury services, asset management, research and more. We have experts in offices throughout the US, Canada, Mexico, Brazil and Chile. Our operations in the Americas connect our broad client base of major corporations, financial institutions and public sector entities to local markets and the vast global network of our parent company—Mizuho Financial Group.
Mizuho Financial Group is one of the largest financial institutions in the world, offering comprehensive financial and strategic services including private banking and venture capital through its subsidiaries. Based in Japan, the group has over 56,000 professionals working in 920 offices in nearly 40 countries throughout Asia, EMEA, and the Americas. As of March 31, 2016 its total assets were $1.8 trillion.