- New York City, NY, USA
- Befristete Anstellung, Vollzeit
- Selby Jennings Contract
- 04 Sep 17
Senior Database Engineer (DB2) - Contract - NYC
- Standort: New York City, NY, USA
- Gehalt: Competitive
- Art des Jobangebots: Vollzeit
DB Engineer with a focus on DB2. Candidate must have significant coding experience (Python, Perl, or C)Senior Database Engineer (DB2) – NYC – 12 Month Contract
This is a great opportunity to work in the field of Database engineering for one of a largest Tier 1 banks. It is one of the hottest fields being expanded upon in the financial technology space and this is the chance to be a part of a large scale project that will set the tone for company’s future. The company is consistently growing its staff and will continue to create new projects in this exciting sector for the foreseeable future. As an added bonus, the office is located in Manhattan, which provides easy accessibility for anyone living in the NY metro area.
- Working with the DB Engineering group and across multiple groups that support infrastructure for the company globally
- Engineer/sustain DB2 mainly
- Ensure products meet the necessary security, supportability, performance requirements
- Create, review, maintain and update documentation.
- Record and publish fixes in the database
- Hands on experience with DB2/LUW 9.7, 10.1 and 10.5+
- High level of competence in multiple languages including Perl, Ksh, C, Python
- Great understanding of UNIX and/or Linux systems
- SQL programming
- Knowledge of common third party tools to manage large DB2 environments.
- Detailed knowledge and practical experience with the MPP architecture
- Expertise and practical experience using and implementing Kerberos
- Expertise in designing enterprise large-scale software infrastructures.
- Great communication, leadership, and teambuilding skills
This is a great chance for the dynamic and hard-working engineers to get in on the action that is Infrastructure Engineering!
Please contact Jason Gorman at Selby Jennings for further details and how to apply.
(646) 253-0243 firstname.lastname@example.org