Lead, Compliance & Control
- Frankfurt am Main, Hessen, Germany
- Permanent, Full time
- S&P Global
- 23 May 19
Lead, Compliance & Control
Compliance Officer, Germany (S&P Global Ratings)
The Role: The Compliance Officer for Germany (based in Frankfurt) will be responsible for implementing and monitoring the Compliance Program primarily for S&P Global Ratings in Germany and supporting S&P Global Ratings' Compliance Program in the EU.
Support the operation of the Compliance Program and in particular:
- Provide a credible reliable and responsive advisory service to the Ratings Businesses as well as key support personnel.
- Provide support to Compliance management, the Chief Compliance Officer EMEA (CCO EMEA) and the Regional Covering Compliance Officers in UK/MEA & the EU (RCCOs) regarding significant compliance matters and issues; participate on relevant committees; identify operational/ IT resources required for an effective compliance program and relay those requirements to the RCCOs and CCO EMEA for evaluation and execution.
- Direct and maintain an effective compliance communication program for the organization throughout your area that promotes (a) heightened awareness of Standards of Conduct, and (b) understanding of new and existing compliance issues and related policies and procedures.
- Assist the wider regional effort by covering and advising on compliance matters in other EMEA offices.
- Provide advice on compliance implications of new business proposals and operational changes.
Compliance Program On-Going Development and Implementation 25%
In supporting the implementation of the Compliance Program you will:
- Maintain an effective Compliance Program that:
- Identifies regulatory requirements and attendant risks for your area.
- Assesses and measures the magnitude of regulatory and reputational risks for your area.
- Establishes routines and methods to evaluate and respond to exceptions including recommending investigative procedures, as appropriate.
- Ensures consistency in control methodologies and in interpretation of results.
- Direct the on-going enhancement of a state-of the art compliance training program for existing staff in the Region and EMEA-wide.
- Direct and prioritize and coordinate compliance activities in the Region, remain abreast of the status of all compliance activities and identify trends.
- Identify potential areas of compliance vulnerability and risk; implement corrective action and provide general guidance on how to avoid or deal with similar situations in the future.
- Consult and collaborate with other departments (e.g., Legal, Risk Management, Human Resources, etc.) to direct compliance issues to appropriate existing channels for investigation and resolution.
- Liaise with local management, staff and compliance management in the determination, follow-up and escalation of issues arising from monitoring activities
Reporting Responsibilities 5%
- Ensure proper reporting of violations or potential violations to duly authorized enforcement agencies as appropriate and/or required.
- Direct the conduct, reporting and follow-up of any compliance-related internal reviews (or the compliance-related aspects of any wider internal reviews or investigations as required).
- Provide reports on a regular basis, and as directed or requested, to keep the RCCOs, CCO EMEA and regional senior management informed of the operation and progress of compliance efforts, including preparation of materials for EMEA Ratings Compliance Committee and Board Meetings as requested.
- Be an ambassador representing S&P Compliance to regulators, government institutions and industry associations.
- Represent S&P at public events, in relevant industry initiatives and on industry committees.
- Prepare, review or direct the preparation of regulatory filings.
- Facilitate regulatory examinations and inquiries and conduct preparatory efforts (including the collation of required in formation and briefing of senior management and other examinees). Direct the implementation of any post-examination recommendations and report to senior management (and to the RCCOs, CCO EMEA) thereon.
The Impact: The role involves a broad range of activities, including providing a Compliance advisory service, implementing an education program, reporting to regional senior management on compliance developments, and participating in investigations and compliance monitoring activities.
The Team / The Business: A small, high profile team, part of an international business in an evolving regulatory landscape.
- Directly related, comparable compliance experience within a large financial services firm
- Strong interpersonal and team skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Highly analytical, solutions-oriented and detail oriented
- Excellent presentation skills and ability to provide compliance training to all levels
- Native German speaker with fluent business-level knowledge of English
- Self-motivated and well-organized; able to prioritize tasks and work well under pressure; able to stay abreast of changing regulatory rules and procedures in a developing industry.
- Self-confident and unfazed by seniority or difficult situations
- Proficiency in Excel, Word and Power point