- Frankfurt am Main, Hessen, Germany
- Permanent, Full time
- S&P Global
- 23 Feb 19
Ratings Analyst - Chemicals, Building Materials/Construction & South Africa
The Role: We are currently looking for a credit analyst to join our Chemicals, Building Materials/Construction & South Africa team to be based in our Johannesburg office. You will:
- Produce relevant, high quality and complete credit analysis that demonstrates an understanding of the S&P Global Ratings rating approach. This includes a business analysis and financial analysis highlighting the key SWOT, a peer analysis and an overall recommendation.
- Actively participate in rating committees.
- Conduct periodic and event driven surveillance of existing Ratings.
- In time, represent S&P Global in the external market, interacting with and presenting to external investors and other market participants.
- Assist with ad-hoc projects as required.
The Impact: A rating is S&P Ratings' forward-looking opinion about the relative creditworthiness of a company relative to other companies using specific methodologies. It assesses a company's relative capacity and willingness to meet its financial obligations as they come due.
The Career Opportunity: This is an exciting opportunity to be part of a high performing analytical team with good potential for professional development. The team focus is providing ratings on corporate and infrastructure issuers based in sub-Saharan Africa.
Your Skills: The successful candidate will possess the ability to undertake analytical work and will be proficient at doing research and drafting issuer and sector analysis, have good written and verbal communication skills and be able to provide strong fundamental analysis, and forward looking opinions.
- A higher university degree.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Good credit analysis skills. The ability to understand company financial statements, including cash flows and projections, and to identify the most important strong and weak points, or areas where further investigation may be needed. Generally, this would require 2 years of previous experience in a similar role.
- Ability to write sound and analytically relevant externally focused publications.
- Fluent in business English.
- Experience of analysing companies in the mining, telecoms, and utility sectors would be an advantage.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills and the ability to represent, along with senior analysts, S&P Global at meetings and conferences with our clients' senior management, investors and media in a highly professional manner.
- Effective management of own workflows, elevating problems to the senior analyst/manager in a timely manner.
- Flexible and open mind-set with ambition to show initiative to support S&P Global initiatives.