S&P Global Ratings 2024 CREDit Summer Internship Program The Role:
Join us at S&P Global Ratings, the world's leading "
provider of "
credit ratings . The opportunity provides the chance to embark on a dynamic 10-week summer training a nd development journey that begins in June 2024. Our program offers unparalleled opportunities for growth, learning, and collaboration. The Team/The Business: "
When you join S&P Global Ratings, you join one of the world's leading providers of independent credit risk research and benchmarks. You will be part of a team that produces high quality fundamental research based on established criteria, you have the opportunity to ask probing questions to senior corporate executives, and interact with the global investor community.
With offices in 26 countries, rating $47.5 trillion in debt, and with nearly 1,400 credit analysts, S&P Global Ratings is an important part of the world's financial infrastructure and has played a leading role for more than 150 years in providing investors and financers the information they need to more easily, quickly and efficiently provide capital to businesses and governments.
The Business Practice Groups include: Corporates, Public Finance, Financial Institutions, Structured Finance, Sovereign and International Public Finance, and Infrastructure. The Impact:
What's in it for you:
- You will be responsible for conducting credit and recovery analysis related to a range of services provided to corporate, institutional and/or governmental clients.
- You will also support teams that evaluate collateral pools, credit risk, structural considerations, legal considerations, and the ability of secularisation issuers to meet their obligations to pay timely interest and repay principal for a wide variety of structured finance asset types.
- You will be part of a team that evaluates the overall credit worthiness of organisations and their ability to meet their financial obligations for traditional credit-based products as well as a variety of structured banking transactions.
- By supporting capital markets, S&P Global Ratings helps people to start and grow businesses, cities and states to build highways and hospitals, and manufacturers to build factories and create jobs.
- At S&P Global Ratings, your analytical opinion truly matters and each person who works here has an essential role in S&P Global Ratings reputation of integrity, transparency, and ratings excellence.
- You will be offered the opportunity to assist S&P Global in achieving its mission of being one of the leading providers of the highest quality risk evaluations and analytical information to the world's financial markets.
- Summer interns will work with junior and senior analysts within S&P Global and senior management of issuing entities through the ratings process (including ratings committees and management meetings).
- You will also complete a group mock ratings committee project for the duration of the summer program. Interns will be provided with an unrated company or entity and will be responsible for all due diligence and research, in order to develop a suggested credit rating for the assigned entity. Interns will present their final recommendation at the end of the internship to a Ratings Committee, comprised of senior business leaders.
- At the end of our internship program feedback is provided, which could lead to an offer of a place on our 2025 CREDit graduate program. To get a sense of what our graduate program entails, please see a video here providing an overview of one of our current CREDit graduate's experience . Laura made this video in conjunction with her university; IE University.
- Learn and understand ratings criteria and methodology
- Assist with preparing required documents for rating committee and issuer management meetings
- Work with assigned summer intern project teams to successfully complete and present during mock ratings committee
What we're looking for:
- Provide timely and accurate quarterly financial statistics and data analysis
- Assist in reporting, research, presentations and modelling
- Support the team on improvement in execution and ad-hoc writing projects.
- Postgraduate & Undergraduate students in their penultimate year of study only. All majors welcome.
- You must reside in the location of the internship throughout its entire duration.
- You must have the right to work in the country of proposed employment.
- Adept with Excel and other Microsoft Office products (Word, Outlook, PowerPoint). Programming languages such as Python, C++, R, and VBA are recommended, but not required .
- Able to learn quickly, multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment .
- Problem-solving, time-management, attention to detail and organisational abilities .
- The ability and the desire to learn to conduct your own analysis and research .
- Fluent command of English Language is essential, as is being fluent in the primary language of the country of application.
- Strong verbal & written communication skills.
( relevant for internal applicants only ): 5 S&P Global delivers essential intelligence that powers decision making.
We provide the world's leading organizations with the right data, connected technologies and expertise they need to move ahead. As part of our team, you'll help solve complex challenges that equip businesses, governments and individuals with the knowledge to adapt to a changing economic landscape. S&P Global Ratings
offers critical insights for credit, risk and sustainable finance solutions that are essential to translating complexity into clarity, so market participants can uncover opportunities.
S&P Global has a Securities Disclosure and Trading Policy (the Policy) that seeks to mitigate conflicts of interest by monitoring and placing restrictions on personal securities holding and trading. The Policy is designed to promote compliance with global regulations. In some Divisions, pursuant to the Policy's requirements, candidates at S&P Global may be asked to disclose securities holdings. Some roles may include a trading prohibition and remediation of positions when there is an effective or potential conflict of interest. Employment at S&P Global is contingent upon compliance with the Policy."
----------------------------------------------------------- Equal Opportunity Employer
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race/ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other status protected by law. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment.
If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to:" EEO.Compliance@spglobal.com "and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person." US Candidates Only:
The EEO is the Law Poster http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf" describes discrimination protections under federal law.
203 - Entry Professional (EEO Job Group) (inactive), 20 - Professional (EEO-2 Job Categories-United States of America), RATNGS203 - Entry Professional (EEO Job Group) Job ID:
293060 Posted On: