VP - Internal Audit
The Role / Responsibilities:
- Development, execution and continuous improvement of an integrated internal audit plan encompassing SOX 404 compliance, financial, operational and IT audits of Moody's ratings and analytics businesses in accordance with departmental and Institute of Internal Auditors standards.
- Expert knowledge of Moody's control environment (e.g., mission, strategic objectives, culture and business environment), current and emerging risk profile, industry insights and leading practices for their areas of responsibility
- Assists in determining internal audit strategy and sets performance standards and business goals
- Defines and updates the annual audit programs for respective areas based on qualitative and quantitative risk attributes and discussion with senior management
- Develops strategic relations with stakeholders and senior management
- Is a trusted advisor to stakeholders and partners in their growth by aligning audit projects with their objectives
- Educates stakeholders on best practices in governance, risk and control.
- Drives a risk based approach on audit projects and liaisons with key control functions (e.g. IR&S, Legal, Compliance, external auditors) to understand and assess the impact of new regulations on Moody's business.
- Formulates end to end internal audit delivery strategy including (but not limited to) audit planning, execution, reporting and audit follow-up including escalation.
- Manages outsourced audit service provider including budgeting, selection, negotiating, contracting and contract performance monitoring.
- Establishes, communicates and monitors roles and expectations for project team at the start of the project to ensures project timelines and objectives are met.
- Prepares audit deliverables and provides risk insights for audit issues, overall IA ratings or conclusions i.e. tell the reader "how to feel" and "why do we care"
- Represent Internal Audit in Country Specific Boards and various management committees
- Drafts responses to local/regional regulators requests.
- Assists Internal Audit Head in periodic reporting of internal audit plan and results to Senior Management and the Audit Committee.
- Upholds and promotes professional ethics.
- Maintains curiosity and exercises professional skepticism.
- Uses data and technology effectively to determine bespoke testing, continuous monitoring, and repeatable test plans. Assists in developing data analytics and data visualizations.
- Capable of performing intermediate level data analytics functions within Excel or equivalent applications (e.g. Access, Tableau, ACL), and leverages, contributes, and improves the data analytics library.
- Proactively identifies updates/enhancements to the internal audit standards, processes, templates and audit techniques to increase overall efficiency and quality of internal audit delivery.
- Assists in monitoring IA performance metrics.
- Acts as a role model by exemplifying high performance for team members.
- Motivates team to achieve project objectives, addresses conflicts, encourages cooperation and responds sensitively to staff problems.
- Provides constructive and timely feedback and identifies development opportunities for individual team members.
- Coaches team members to enhance their competence and professional development.
- Bachelor's degree
- CPA, CA, CIA, CISA or equivalent professional qualification
- Extensive experience in a Big 4 Accounting firm and/or a global organization
- Excellent knowledge of internal controls, internal control and risk frameworks/standards, GAAP, financial systems and related technology, implementation and testing compliance with the Sarbanes Oxley Act, and regulations pertaining to financial services industry.
- Experience in managing and/or interacting with applicable regulators is preferred
- Proficiency in financial systems and Microsoft Office suite are required.
- Proven track record of managing a cross cultural team in a fast paced environment handling multiple tasks simultaneously.
- An ideal candidate should be innovative, result oriented and should demonstrate excellent communication, interpersonal, persuasion, leadership, team management, project management and critical thinking skills.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.