As a Workday Business Development Manager for our Field Services organization, you will be the key conduit between Professional Services, Sales and a diverse set of deployment partners. You will represent project deployment topics and professional services- be it Workday or partner led engagements through the entire sales cycle.
Your extensive experience and consultative selling skills will allow you to initiate trusted relationships with prospective customers, executive sponsors, and Workday deployment partners. You'll employ effective selling strategies to successfully position Workday Services solutions as a viable alternative to legacy ERP and competitor’s Cloud solutions and emphasize its multiple differentiators in deployment methodology and professional services portfolio.
Key measurements of success will include responsiveness and proactivity in supporting sales activity, achievement of services finance targets and strategic initiatives, ensuring customers purchase appropriate services from Workday and partners to lead to long-term success, and alignment with key stakeholders for identifying and closing selected Workday-led projects. Key metrics include subscription revenues, services bookings and customer satisfaction.
This role is based in Germany and requires fluency in German and English.
What you’ll do
- Develop the services and partner strategy best suited for the prospect’s context, priorities and requirements in order to build confidence and credibility with prospective customers.
- Support the local Sales team during the sales cycle, by leading all aspects of the prospect engagement related to services and deployment.
- Overall ownership of services contract development and negotiation.
- Collaborate with Workday ecosystem partners, providing advice and guidance in development of proposals to ensure quality and that customers are set up for success.
- Share and encourage services best-practices and lessons learned from other customers and projects.
- Communicate and report on new business for the region.
- Actively participate in building and enhancing the EMEA Business Development team.
Requirements for a successful application
- Passion for customer satisfaction
- Significant experience in leading sales activity from inception through teaming and proposal development, to include customer requirements mapping and service engagement activities
- Experience with Accounting, Core Finance, Financial Services or Financial Services Delivery
- Proven experience with project delivery
- Ability to understand and effectively explain the benefits of cloud architecture, maintain accurate and timely customer, pipeline, and service forecast data.
- Strong knowledge of vendors, products, and services in the cloud enterprise application space