Finance Permanent Controller
BNP Paribas offers you an exciting career opportunity in an international, challenging business environment characterized by high pace and diversity with focus on creating valuable relations with our customers. We offer a competitive salary & benefits package and also an excellent work environment where you’re valued as part of our team!In Asia Pacific, BNP Paribas is one of the best-positioned international financial institutions with an uninterrupted presence since 1860. Currently with over 17,000 employees* and a presence in 13 markets, BNP Paribas provides corporates, institutional and private investors with product and service solutions tailored to their specific needs. It offers a wide range of financial services covering corporate & institutional banking, wealth management, asset management, insurance, as well as retail banking and consumer financing through strategic partnerships.
Worldwide, BNP Paribas has a presence in 73 markets with more than 196,000 employees. It has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors. Asia Pacific is a key strategic region for BNP Paribas and it continues to develop its franchise in the region.
BNP Paribas offers you an exciting career in an international business environment that is fast-paced, diverse and focuses on creating high-value relationships with our clients. We offer competitive salary and benefits, as well as a working environment where you're valued as part of the team.
* excluding partnerships
The Finance permanent control team is responsible for all permanent control topics across APAC Regional Finance including controls on data quality. The team is also responsible for providing feedback for APAC Finance on new transactions as well as coordinating with local finance on certain financial accounting adjustments (such as IFRS 9 and 16).
This role will report into the Head of Finance Permanent Control and focus on permanent control topics and will be expected to assist the team on data quality controls, new transactions and Financial Accounting topics.
• Acting as the regional point of 1st line of defense for APAC Finance within the APAC Finance Control framework, covering the full finance functions (reporting, tax, procurement, outsourcing, etc)
• Performing risks and control assessment through understanding the control processes, identifying key risks and mapping of key risks to respective mitigating controls
• Implementation, maintenance and monitoring of Finance permanent controls
• Maintenance and monitoring of regional procedures
• Identification and follow up on accounting/finance incidents and the appropriate remediation
• Monitoring and follow up on recommendations related to accounting/finance from internal and external auditors
• Reporting on the APAC Finance Control framework
• Improved accuracy and efficiency of the APAC Finance reporting teams
• APAC Finance Data Quality framework
• APAC Regional Finance feedback to the business on new transactions
• APAC Finance Financial accounting advice to local finance
Technical & Behavioural Competencies
• Control oriented background
• Knowledge on CIB front to back operation process
• Good communication skills and ability to foster good working relationships including outside of Finance.
• Hunger to learn new process and data flows in a complex banking environment.
• Excellent skills in Excel/ Word
Specific Qualifications (if required)
• Qualified CPA member
• 2+ years of post-qualified experience in Finance/Accounting Control
• Fluent in English and Chinese