Head of Segment Management & Client Preposition, CB
- Negotiable HKD
- Hong Kong Hong Kong Hong Kong HK
- Permanent, Full time
- Standard Chartered Bank Hong Kong
- 18 Sep 18 2018-09-18
Drive the country execution of Commercial Banking's Sales Management and Segment initiatives, value propositions, and strategy.
Strategy & Business
- Support the development of, and drive the execution for, all required Sales management work streams supporting the frontline:
- o Learning agenda
- o Incentives and scorecards
- o Sales tools (including WorkBench)
- o Sales coverage model and MI
- Support and drive the country execution of Commercial Banking's segment initiatives, including:
- o Segmentation and client migration process with CIB and Business Banking
- o Cross-segment collaboration with the Private Bank
- o Industry sector framework
- o Client segment de-risking initiatives
- Develop the Commercial Banking value proposition, including:
- o Overall segment CVP development including continuous monitoring of current and evolving client needs and the competitive landscape in Commercial Banking
- o Maximizing the network: GAM/FAM, Inbound, and global linkage
- o Leveraging client research
- o Infrastructure via liaising with Process and Governance teams in country
- Drive Product team agendas as appropriate: TB, FM, CF, Wealth and Retail
- o Product initiatives, performance and coverage
- o Appropriateness and Suitability
- Promote Commercial Banking externally in conjunction with Corporate Affairs and Marketing:
- o Thought Leadership articles and other external communications
- o Branding, Marketing, Websites and Awards
- o Here for good initiatives
- Drive continuous improvement of the operational efficiency and effectiveness of processes to increase the consistency of systems and processes.
- Support the framework for effective management of operational risks across the Business and compliance with applicable internal policies, and external laws and regulations at a global level.
- Support the execution of Business strategy in a safe and well-controlled manner and on an end-to-end basis - incorporating infrastructure requirements and ensuring that they are fit-for-growth.
- Work with relevant stakeholders to ensure a consistent product delivery across the businesses.
- Ensure there are appropriate frameworks in place to guarantee that business is carried out within the Group's risk appetite and relevant risks are appropriately managed in conjunction with management, direct reports and other stakeholders.
- Provide support across the Business, and through working in conjunction with management team members, ensure compliance with the highest standards of regulatory conduct and compliance standards and practices as defined by internal and external requirements. This includes compliance with anti-money laundering regulations and guidelines.
- Abide by the Group's values and code of conduct and foster a robust culture to ensure that adherence with the highest standards of ethics, and compliance with relevant policies, processes and regulations among employees.
- Ensure that Risk Management matters that are brought to the job holder's attention are subject to direct remedial action and/or ensure adequate reporting to the relevant superiors and/or Risk Committees.
- Understand the risk and control environment in their area of responsibility and drive rectification as required
- Do what is right in order to avoid reputational risks and operational losses
- Awareness and understanding of the regulatory framework in which the Group operates, and the regulatory requirements and expectations relevant to the role remit
- Responsible for delivering 'effective governance'; capability to challenge fellow executives effectively; and willingness to work with any regulatory body in an open and cooperative manner.
- Fulfil supervisory responsibilities in line with supervisory principles.
- Manage regulatory relationships in relation to the business remit.
- Responsible for appropriate escalation to any governance committees or to other stakeholders in senior management, risk or control functions as appropriate
Regulatory & Business conduct
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group's Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Lead the Business to achieve the outcomes set out in the Bank's Conduct Principles: Fair Outcomes for Clients; Effective Operation of Financial Markets; Financial Crime Prevention; The Right Environment.
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
Our Ideal Candidate
- University graduate; Masters Degree preferred
- 10 years of experience in corporate banking or financial services in Sales and/or Product roles.
- Strong network with and knowledge of CB, Business Banking, TB, FM, and Corporate Finance.
- Ability to create and execute solutions; act with full empowerment and minimal supervision
- Ability to gain the respect of country leadership; listening, collaborating, understanding
- Client focused; start from the client needs, not internally focused.
- Role model in being responsive.
- Conviction and Edge; have a view and stand up when obstacles and issues arise
- Clear Thinker; concise and articulate
- Superior writing and presentation skills in English, especially in front of senior executives