IT Risk & PnL Developer (Global Markets)
BNP Paribas offers you an exciting career opportunity in an international, challenging business environment characterized by high pace and diversity with focus on creating valuable relations with our customers. We offer a competitive salary & benefits package and also an excellent work environment where you’re valued as part of our team!In Asia Pacific, BNP Paribas is one of the best-positioned international financial institutions with an uninterrupted presence since 1860. Currently with over 17,000 employees* and a presence in 13 markets, BNP Paribas provides corporates, institutional and private investors with product and service solutions tailored to their specific needs. It offers a wide range of financial services covering corporate & institutional banking, wealth management, asset management, insurance, as well as retail banking and consumer financing through strategic partnerships.
Worldwide, BNP Paribas has a presence in 73 markets with more than 196,000 employees. It has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors. Asia Pacific is a key strategic region for BNP Paribas and it continues to develop its franchise in the region.
BNP Paribas offers you an exciting career in an international business environment that is fast-paced, diverse and focuses on creating high-value relationships with our clients. We offer competitive salary and benefits, as well as a working environment where you're valued as part of the team.
* excluding partnerships
Work towards delivering value-add solutions through clear understanding of stakeholder's requirements, overcoming issues with problem solving mind-set, with focus on first time quality to ensure quality of service to our main stakeholders/Business users. Work closely with Paris & London teams, to ensure APAC requirements are clearly gathered and clearly diffused to central development teams.
• Provide IT Support to FX - Local Markets (FXLM) business (Trading, Sales, Research), as well as the support teams (Middle Office, Market Risk).
• Responsible for application development and support of the Risk/Pricing systems used by FXLM Front Office and Middle Office.
• Ensure accurate and reliable risk and pnl delivery to the FXLM business on a daily basis.
• Provide tactical solutions to trading problems as required by the desk in the case that no global solution is available.
• Interface with the system users within the area of responsibility and respond to their technology needs.
• Implement technology solutions within the framework of the technology strategy of BNPP.
• Work with outside vendors, if necessary, to provide the effective solutions.
• Efficiently collaborate with other members of the team across Asia Pacific such as Singapore and Tokyo, as well as with Global IT teams in London and NY.
• Perform integration testing and to contribute to smooth rollout of global system release to FXLM business in the region.
• Direct contribution to BNPP operational permanent control framework.
• Contribute to the implementation of operational permanent control policies and procedures in day-to-day business activities, such as Control Plan
• Comply with regulatory requirements and internal guidelines
• Contribute to the reporting of all incidents according to the Incident Management System
• Minimizing operational failure, including but not exclusively, the risk of fraud, by helping to devise, and by implementing, sufficient regular controls
• Ensuring appropriate escalation to management and/or Permanent Control (or Compliance as appropriate) as soon as an issue is identified
Technical & Behavioral Competencies
• 2-5 years of experience in IT
• Strong communication skills
• Experience of a scripting language (one of the following): Python/Perl/Ruby/VBS
• Able to work under pressure
• Customer and result oriented.
• Analytical/problem solving approach to work
• Fluent in English
• Team Player
• Proficient in some of the following: Excel/VBA, Python, C#
• Advanced knowledge of Vanilla Fixed Income Risk, Pricing and STP processes.
• Flexibility to working hours
• Some understanding of SQL