KYC Compliance Officer, Wealth Management
BNP Paribas offers you an exciting career opportunity in an international, challenging business environment characterized by high pace and diversity with focus on creating valuable relations with our customers. We offer a competitive salary & benefits package and also an excellent work environment where you’re valued as part of our team!In Asia Pacific, BNP Paribas is one of the best-positioned international financial institutions with an uninterrupted presence since 1860. Currently with over 17,000 employees* and a presence in 13 markets, BNP Paribas provides corporates, institutional and private investors with product and service solutions tailored to their specific needs. It offers a wide range of financial services covering corporate & institutional banking, wealth management, asset management, insurance, as well as retail banking and consumer financing through strategic partnerships.
Worldwide, BNP Paribas has a presence in 73 markets with more than 196,000 employees. It has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors. Asia Pacific is a key strategic region for BNP Paribas and it continues to develop its franchise in the region.
BNP Paribas offers you an exciting career in an international business environment that is fast-paced, diverse and focuses on creating high-value relationships with our clients. We offer competitive salary and benefits, as well as a working environment where you're valued as part of the team.
* excluding partnerships
Seeking a senior individual contributor in the Account Opening team of KYC Compliance.
• To ensure core activities of client on-boarding, including new account opening and subsequent account reviews, are effective by adhering to local and Head Office KYC and CDD standards.
• To review and approve source of wealth of different client types, namely individual account, joint account, trust account, and personal holding company account, etc., to ensure compliant with KYC and AML standards
• To perform enhanced due diligence on high risk accounts, i.e. Political Exposed Persons (PEP), sanction, adverse news, high risk country accounts, accounts with complex structure, and high risk business type accounts
• To liaise with Head office on KYC matters and cases which require additional input from Head Office.
• To provide training to Front Office and relevant departments on compliance issue, and promote compliance awareness and culture
• To support in implementing policies and procedures as a result of changes in Head Office directive or local laws and regulations and updating such rules and regulations relevant to Wealth Management.
• To carry out the client acceptance and review process and to ensure proper handling with issues, such as, money laundering, due diligence on clients, know-your client process, sanctions, transaction monitoring.
• To support Team Head/ Department Head in ad hoc projects
Technical & Behavioral Competencies
• Familiar with different account types/ structures in Wealth Management
• Familiar with Hong Kong laws and regulations in relation to KYC and AML
• Act as a team player, and able to work under pressure.
• A good knowledge of compliance framework.
• Have strong communication skill