Associate, Corporate Ratings
- Singapore Singapore Singapore SG
- Permanent, Full time
- S&P Global
- 18 Sep 18 2018-09-18
Associate, Corporate Ratings
The Role: Based in Singapore, and as part of the S&P Corporate Ratings team for South And South-East Asia, you will cover mainly a portfolio of South-East-Asian corporate entities. Portfolio will be spread across different industries though more oriented towards industries like telecom, media and retail.
The Impact: Acting as a primary analyst for corporate credits in the region, you will represent S&P Global, a leading financial markets player and benchmark provider of market intelligence, as a credit expert in one of the most dynamic regions globally.
The Career Opportunity: Covering a variety of South-East Asian corporate debt issuers, you will work together with regional and global country and sector specialists, deepen and broaden your insight into regional credit trends and become a true and highly visible expert in international credit markets.
The Team / The Business: You will report to the Analytical Manager for South and South-East
Asian Corporate Ratings, thereby working with a number of highly experienced industry and country specialists on a diverse portfolio of corporate issuers across the region.
Your Skills: You are able to work on multiple demanding tasks under high time pressure; you accommodate quickly to fast-changing requirements; you are proficient in credit analysis, and financial forecasting; you understand the dynamics between macro trends and developments at the corporate level; you have proficiency in effectively presenting analytical conclusions on quantitative and qualitative data; you have client-facing skills, are prepared to travel, and are always willing to learn.
Our Hiring Manager says: "This is a great opportunity to build a career in finance with one of the leading providers of financial market intelligence. We are looking for someone who is able and willing to cover a portfolio of complex and demanding corporates in a very dynamic region. In return, you will further enhance your great skill set and sharpen your profile as part of a globally leading organization in fundamental credit research."
- Primary analyst for a portfolio of credits in the above mentioned regions and sectors
- Analyze original, non-routine and complex situations in a timely, orderly and insightful manner.
- Develop and maintain a deep understanding of industry trends and issues
- Actively participate in rating committees. Present findings and opinions to a rating committee.
- Attend meetings and interact with senior management of corporations to obtain information upon which to base credit rating decisions.
- Actively participate in regional and global analytical work groups to maintain and enhance our analytical industry expertise.
- Prepare a variety of materials suitable for publication (rating reports, press releases) to disseminate and explain our ratings on a timely basis.
- Prepare commentaries/ papers on areas of expertise for publication.
- Participate actively in publishing and sector outreach activities.
- Demonstrate service excellence and professionalism towards external and internal clients.
- 5-8 years of significant experience in credit analysis, financial services or a relevant industry sector/ geography
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Team player, good at setting priorities and time management
- Fluent English is a must
- Excellent presentation and writing skills
- At least Bachelor's degree with focus on finance/ accounting/ economics - additional qualifications like CFA or MBA is a plus
About S&P Global Ratings
S&P Global Ratings is the world's leading provider of independent credit ratings. Our ratings are essential to driving growth, providing transparency and helping educate market participants so they can make decisions with confidence. We have more than 1 million credit ratings outstanding on government, corporate, financial sector and structured finance entities and securities. We offer an independent view of the market built on a unique combination of broad perspective and local insight. We provide our opinions and research about relative credit risk; market participants gain independent information to help support the growth of transparent, liquid debt markets worldwide.
S&P Global Ratings is a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI), which provides essential intelligence for individuals, companies and governments to make decisions with confidence.For more information, visit www.spglobal.com/ratings
To all recruitment agencies; S&P does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward such resumes to any S&P Global employee, office location or website. S&P Global will not be responsible for any fees related to such resumes
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer committed to making all employment decisions without regard to race/ethnicity, gender, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status (including domestic partnerships and civil unions), sexual orientation, military veteran status, unemployment status, or other legally protected categories, subject to applicable law.