Crisis Management & Monitoring Analyst
BNP Paribas offers you an exciting career opportunity in an international, challenging business environment characterized by high pace and diversity with focus on creating valuable relations with our customers. We offer a competitive salary & benefits package and also an excellent work environment where you’re valued as part of our team!In Asia Pacific, BNP Paribas is one of the best-positioned international financial institutions with an uninterrupted presence since 1860. Currently with over 17,000 employees* and a presence in 13 markets, BNP Paribas provides corporates, institutional and private investors with product and service solutions tailored to their specific needs. It offers a wide range of financial services covering corporate & institutional banking, wealth management, asset management, insurance, as well as retail banking and consumer financing through strategic partnerships.
Worldwide, BNP Paribas has a presence in 73 markets with more than 196,000 employees. It has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors. Asia Pacific is a key strategic region for BNP Paribas and it continues to develop its franchise in the region.
BNP Paribas offers you an exciting career in an international business environment that is fast-paced, diverse and focuses on creating high-value relationships with our clients. We offer competitive salary and benefits, as well as a working environment where you're valued as part of the team.
* excluding partnerships
Be part of the dynamic support organization responsible to support a full range of applications and to ensure a stable and resilient production environment for the business and operations.
The Monitoring and Production Support Department is responsible for :
- Steering the quality of STP production for the entire BNP PARIBAS Group in the scope of Payments, SWIFT and Cash Management
- Supervising the end-to-end transmission of flows through the SWIFT, Payments and Cash infrastructures, on behalf of all the entities of the BNP PARIBAS Group
- Monitoring the flow of sensitive clients from the Cash Management Business Line
- Ensuring the sponsorship of monitoring and repair tools
- Contributing to enhancing the reliability of flow applications, notably through the steering of Monitoring committees with the relevant MOAs and MOEs
BNP PARIBAS, which operates the largest SWIFT Hub in the world, is the leading player in the SWIFTNet activity for Corporate clients, and one of the top three European Cash Management actors.
As part of Monitoring & Production Support of Payment, SWIFT and Cash flows, you will:
Manage the incidents and crisis communication
- Crisis Management:
- Analyze the criticality of the malfunction and implement the appropriate incident management and communication actions
- Identify and coordinate key actors in order to restore the service. Lead crisis conference call
- Communicate and provide status updates on issues to business users, management team and other stakeholders.
- Incident Management:
- Provide the Business post incident report with key contributors (MOA, MOE, IPS, Back Offices…),
- Follow up the defined action plan,
- Lead the Incident and Quality monthly steering
Provide production support
- Respond to the back office Business lines in case of a malfunction in the execution of a flow (internal failure or client failure) and keep them regularly informed in case of an incident.
Take part in the Monitoring and repair of flows
- Perform daily routine check and monitoring global assets (Cash Management layers, SWIFT related components, message files and event logs).
- Ensure the operational end-to-end monitoring using the available tools and procedures.
- Identify gaps in the process with the expected nominal operation.
- Supervise the recurrent maintenance intervention.
Contribute to quality improvement
- Update the monitoring procedures and incident management of the documentary database procedures.
- Analyze and challenge exiting support processes to achieve continuous improvement.
- Coordinate with the project teams (MOE, MOA) and IT to conduct an end-to-end efficiency diagnosis of current business processes, identify the weak points, suggest improvements for the processes and get them approved.
Technical and Behavioral Competencies required
The candidate should demonstrate a combination of technical and functional skills together with excellent communication and interpersonal skills. He/she must have a genuine willingness to work in a role where the operation of availability & time-critical systems is routine.
Successful candidate might be required to work in shift and weekend rotation. An understanding that occasionally after hours response to problems will be required. Periodic "on call" cycles are likely.
The following knowledge and experience are required :
- Ability to assimilate functional & technical architectures
- Technical appetence for manipulating files and conducting application configuration operations
- Analytical and information structuring skills
- Trouble shooting and problem solving
- Stress resistance: responsiveness and capacity to reprioritize your actions
- Ability to take initiative and make decisions
- Rigorous and accuracy
- Ability to collaborate (strong team player)
- Communication skills and client focus
Experience and Qualifications required
- Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or Engineering
- SWIFT or Cash Management background
- Experience 3/5 years
Nice to Have :
Additional language: French - as a major part of the activity is related to BDDF (French Retail Banking), this individual will interface with different teams globally who are not well-versed in English.